Any Noise Sensors?

Well, that's a problem. The HVAC fan is plenty noisy, especially the air rushing through the vents. BUT doesn't vibrate enough anywhere for the bacon sensor to work. So, I'm thinking that maybe @rlithgow1 was putting me on the right path with "shelley relay" or perhaps the noise detector mated with a contact sensor. The sort of one that @djh_wolf linked to. Back to the drawing board. I think I will place this vibration sensor on the storm door though as motion sensor to let me know when it opens/closes. I dunno.

Sounds good. If it does not work for this use-case you can probably find something else for it to do. I also use one to let me know when the water softener cycles because my Flume water meter notifies me of running water and then I know it's just the water softener.

Tape it inside a zip-lock bag - waterproof! Tape the bag over the fan or vent. When the bag flutters in the breeze when the fan starts it will trigger the sensor for sure!

@wiegout

Just for the crack, I bought these.

Work just fine.

5 for less than a fiver. Work ace. Of course, there are far more expensive alternatives. Personal choice...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q1BYDS7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Clever!

Wait ... isn't that just a "clapper"?
Also works with Alexa.
Just shout "Alexa ... " in a loud voice.

Bob's your uncle!

Potentially, but way better.

Haven't actually got around to sorting out any actions for it, but because (obviously) you can get volume spikes, I added some webcore trickery and and a 2nd virtual switch. Reasoning - only want something to happen if volume remains detected after x amount of seconds before doing anything. Otherwise there are too many fluctuations to make it useful.

Basic logic for the win! =P

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.