Any new advice for the new hub registration issue?

I have a unifi system as well. I have multiple hubs on my network. I can tell you this is not normal. We need to get to the bottom of what is causing the issues on your network.

Are you using the new DNSMASQ option in the DHCP server options in Unifi or the original option?

I've responded to you via PM and hopefully we can get to the bottom of what's going on on your network. The only broadcast we do is respond to SSDP discovery requests.

Patrick, if it helps I still have my HE (C4 on last previous firmware) on my Unifi setup using dnsmasq.

I current only allow DHCP, DNS, and NTP to LAN LOCAL and the HE update port and 443 to LAN IN and out WAN OUT... having no issues or extra chatter from HE.

Thanks. Hopefully @originalme8 will follow up so we can get to the bottom of what's the source of his issue. I looked through all the tickets, never saw anyone report anything similar. Can't rule out bad hardware, but that typically isn't manifested in "broadcast" storms.

I agree, I don’t think I did anything special with the IoT vlan it is on. Pretty much everything outside of what I stated above is dropped.

I’m using HE on with USG Pro 4, USW-16 150W, and AC HD AP setup. I can take a look at it tomorrow because I am pretty sure I did set IGMP snooping and something else regarding broadcast and multicast.