Any Mini Split Thermostat support by HE?

I am looking to set up a 3rd party WiFi to IR thermostat to take over the poorly designed handheld remote that came with my Gree Ductless Mini Splits. Finding these particular types of thermostat are nearly all a "miss" as Wifi stats come up as supported by HE - but none are of the of the type that can control ductless mini splits.

Is anyone using these:

• Flair Puck
  • Honeywell DC6000WF1001
  • Ceilo Breez Plus
  • Other manufacturer / model?

What level of support is available in Hubitat Elevation - if any?

Thanks!

Controlling by IR will be your best bet. There are community integrations for Bond hub, Broadlink IR and the Logitech Harmony hub. All can learn your IR remote if it's not already in the database of devices for those manufacturers, and control is local, no cloud needed.

I use a couple of Remotec ZXT-120 with a couple of Daikins. Seems to work fine.

1 Like

ZXT-120 and ZXT-600 are good options if they support your a/c’s IR codes. Both use a built-in driver, and since they’re z-wave devices, everything remains local.

There’s also a community-developed integration for sensibo.

I’ve used both. Personally I wouldn’t keep using sensibo unless I absolutely had to, since it’s cloud-dependent.

There is also intesishome (ac cloud)

Correct me if I am wrong, but the issue with any IR-based control is that it is only one way right? Like if you control via the physical remote/thermostat, the HE status will not change.

1 Like

The intesis is two way

But it’s not IR based, correct?

@cjkeenan yes that is a limitation of using an IR bridge device.

I recently moved into a house with mini-splits and I’m looking into how to install a thermostat adapter onto each so I can use simple z-wave or zigbee thermostats to integrate with Hubitat.

I would be interested in this, if you find any way to get a normal thermostat on a mini-split please do share.

Intesis is IR based and two way.

I have several. In the past I worked on a zxt driver, and I could see what was going on with the IntesisHome device.

Interesting, do most mini splits confirm commands were received by their native IR remotes?

Here’s the device Fujitsu makes for their mini split units:

Your brand might have something similar?

ZXT 600 FTW. Works great

1 Like

I was looking at these but I did not find any drivers for the local version (only the cloud based version aka "AC cloud"), I did look into the documentation on there site and I'm guessing it would not be very hard to get this implemented in Hubitat (I would not go for cloud based when a local version is available).

If I got my hands on one of these universal ones I might give it a try but for now I'm not going to go that route for a my current house. In two years I'll be building my new house and if I change my mind and don't go for the LG ThinQ mini-splits, I'll get another a Mitsubishi that is very popular around here and get the Intesis interface to control them.

I just grabbed a ZXT-120 from eBay to control my MrCool. Seems like an ideal form factor to mount on the ceiling somewhere in front of the unit. Hopefully it works well.

1 Like

Any update on this? Im about to install a Mr Cool in a new workshop and I'd like to be able to manage it like a thermostat...

Probably not. Mini-splits aren’t exactly on the cutting edge of smart home technology.

I use a ZXT-120 with my split system. Works great, and it can be placed most anywhere in the room.