Any hope for a IRIS V1 Keypad?

Any hope for a IRIS V1 Keypad?

7 Likes

I’ve got a half dozen boxed up :sweat_smile:
Would be cool even just to get them working as door chimes.

3 Likes

I'd love to get mine working too, I've had to set iris buttons to arm disarm :frowning:

3 Likes

Don't throw them out yet, We have no ETA for these, but I do intend to have a poke at them at some point.

9 Likes

That would be great! I was just going to ask if there was any hope for our before I wrenched it off the wall!

3 Likes

Bump :wink:

1 Like

Bump

2 Likes

I noticed that Systronics now supports the Iris v1 Keypads. Any progress on the Hubitat integration for the v1 units? Thanks

1 Like

bump

Still waiting for Iris V1 keypad driver - almost all other V1 Iris products have drivers now. Keeping my fingers crossed but getting cramps lolo

2 Likes

Me too! I still have a spot on my wall for it, Do we need to give up the dream?

2 Likes

Lets hope Mike hears us an understands that its just not a few in need of a driver for the Iris v1 keypad, but many ,who would really appreciate his help

2 Likes

Whilst it may appear to be somewhat random in what devices/drivers that we add into future releases, it is pretty much governed by the following:

priority = (1 / estimated work hours) * estimated usage
The larger the result, the higher the priority.
In cases where several devices have similar priorities, devices that are currently in production win.

Even with the Arcus code (which is nothing close to a usable HE driver) the level of effort for this driver would be at least 40 hours, which is about half the time I allocate to any given release.

So right now us doing a driver for this device just doesn't look good.

Mike, appreciate your candor! At least we know know where we stand for obtaining an Iris V1 keypad driver. I guess we were thinking since a number of V1 iris devices had been worked on concerning drivers that the V1 keypad driver would eventually be on it's way. I do understand your comments on priority and time needed when it comes to developing drivers . I really want to thank you for at least giving us a truthful focus on the less than favorable development of a driver for this keypad. Hopefully someone in the tech world will realize the need for a keypad thats would work with today's z wave and zigbee protocols and manufacture one rather than us trying to get discontinued and outdated keypads to function.

Appreciate your past work on the V2 Iris keypad. At least we have one option before they all vanish. All the best to you and the Hubitat team in 2020.
Tony

You want to try mine.
So far only button support no passcodes unless you want to enter them real slow and use a routine. This is in no way a full driver its basically just button support. But you can at least use it for something.

1 Like

Much appreciated! Very kind of you. I reluctantly went with a ver 2 iris keypad but still have a version 1 sitting here lolo

Ok shortly after this post I noticed the PIN comming back at me after the button code. So I was able to finish the entire keyboard driver. Now everything but sound works. I had really never thought I would get this far. Perhaps I can find the chime commands later. IM now going to install my old keyboards.
Since I had the buttons mapped IM just keeping that so you can actually map single digit buttons to things also.

3 Likes