Any Floor Lamp LED driver available?

It would probably help if you could provide the name/model of the lamp and a manufacturer's link?

If there isn’t a driver you could look at using Alexa to update via the creation of a virtual light; i.e. when physical light (pl) turns on/off, turn virtual light (vl) on/off; when vl turns on/off, turn pl on/off, etc…

2 Likes

OK so the model is listed as this:

"Corner Floor Lamp DFQY-CS14"

The bar code says:

"X00381JJ0L RGBIC LED Floor Lamp, Gevcc ...,Bedroom,Gaming Room(Black)"

Searching on Amazon I found this link that looks correct: https://smile.amazon.com/Gevcc-Changing-Corner-Google-Assistant/dp/B09Y1NSVNQ

Does that help figure out how to control it perhaps? :slight_smile: I realize this was a critical missing piece and I apologize.

It's wifi...

1 Like

Since it is Alexa compatible, you can install the community integration Echo Speaks. Then, you can control the lamp with HE dashboards, in-wall scene controllers, etc. using the Voice Cmd As Text command. It will allow you to do anything that you can say to Alexa. Unfortunately, I don't know any way that HE will know the lamp's status and those commands will have to go thru the cloud.

Isn't there a community tuya smartlife integration.

You can create a smartthings account and use Smartthings in a hubless mode as a cloud aggregator with HubitatReplica to bring it into Hubitat.

You may also consider Govee as a alternative as there is a in local Lan Integration for their lamps

Yes it is - does that mean someone specifically?

Unfortunately it appears Alexa is only able ot turn it on and off - it cannot set scenes, adjust colors, etc... The smartlife app (and Tuya SmartLife app) both can control sections of the RGB (IC version) and works great. How can I implement this with Hubitat to put it into rule engine for motion sensors and other things that only exist in Hubitat?

Just means that it isn’t natively supported out of the box

I found a local version which required python and I ran that - which did find 1 device (all I have shared or integrated via the webpage/API stuff for now) and the file it produces in step 6 of this guide: hubitatappndevice/Device/tuyaDevices at master · ivarho/hubitatappndevice · GitHub Does not match the properties their own guide describes so I am missing the EndPoint values when creating the virtual device. I do not get any true or false values returned in my json files - not even the raw one. Perhaps these specific devices simply do not have any cloud support yet.

I installed the Tuya Cloud integration and am able to turn the devices on and off just like with Alexa now - but A) that's cloud/internet reliant and B) I don't have full functionality here to change scenes or even brightness when someone comes in the room, etc.

I've read many have had success on Home Assistant and I'd really rather not have to deal with yet another hub or platform to get full control of my devices, nor fight the nightmare of completely redoing my smarthome to a different hub or platform and moving the entire system of rules and such... I've always had success with Hubitat having drivers for newer products - especially wifi based ones.

These lamps were gifted to me for Christmas and 8 of them is a significant price point so I'd like to get them working with more than just an on/off method. That pretty much destroys the idea of RGBIC lights.

@thebearmay That whole point of this support forum is to grow the hubitat ecosystem and find solutions right? That's why I'm here.. :slight_smile:

I think getting RGBIC control is unlikely as that isn't something most HA environments can do. Setting color, color temp, or brightness though should be doable.

This is the problem with cloud wifi based devices. Some of them are more open and easy to integrate then others.

Have you tried the option I mentioned about using a hubless Smartthings integration method? That would end up just using Smartthings as a cloud aggregator. What control options would be available in that setup through Smartthings.

The reason I mention Govee is I can say with 100% certainty they have a similar lamps and are able to be controlled locally without Cloud involvement. Those devices can be turned on/of, set brightness level, set color temp, and set color all locally without involvement of the cloud. The specific lamps I am refering to are The Govee Lyra lamp and The Govee Basics Floor Lamp which look similar to the ones you have. The Lyra Lamp may be closest spec wise it also comes with a remote. I own both of them.

I get just wanting to just make the ones work that were gifted though. If there is a way to exchange them this may make things easier but the price of the Govee lamps are a bit more.

Take the nanoleafs for example - you can set up scenes in the nanoleaf app and then set the lamp to that scene's programming with HE using the Aurora driver. Yes it's messy to set up but that allows total control since I can create the scenes and fav them - and they show up in HE.

However, the Tuya app I create scenes but they do not show with the cloud connect method. Since the local method is missing the endpoint information required by the driver - I can't fully test that method - but am 99% sure it will just be limited to the functionality provided by the cloud, which appears to be on/off for these specific lamps. I have other lamps I tested which do provide color changing and dimming abilities - so I'm guessing these are just "too new" and haven't been fully or properly implemented yet.

I like Govee - but I'm always put off by their enormous price tag. I can buy 2 or 3 of these for the current prices of your links on amazon.

I thought Tuya had much better support with hubitat - but seems I was wrong. I can't ask this person to exchange them, it was above and beyond for what they already did for me.

If anyone has suggestions for even dimming functionality - I'm all ears.

Did you check what controls are available when they are added to Smartthings?

Generally speaking their prices are better then the top teir names like Phillips, nanoleaf, lifx and such but maybe not bottom of the barrel cheap. They are constantly running sales though so a savvy shopper that can be patient can generally get their stuff pretty affordably. The Lyra lamp has a msrp of 149 but currently you can get it for 99.

Good luck on getting those tuya lamps to work the way you want.

So I've been working with some dev's on github and we used tinytuya to diagnose what DPS values the lamps use to change scenes - the DPS value for these lamps for on off is 20 and 26 is for the timer. 51 is used for the scenes and it's in a base64 encoded string. I have tiny tuya python working to control the lamps, but am curious how to implement these options into hubitat. Even if it's just a webhook with hubitat to execute a script on a server at home would be nice - but I've never set something like that up before.

I have both the TUYA Cloud API driver installed and the local version for smart integrations installed and both only see the on/off value - not an option to send a payload/string for DPS value 51 to change the "scene" or send a payload of instructions for the RGBIC... anyone know how to help me out there?

I would suggest reaching out to the developers of those integrations. They would probably know exactly what you are refereeing to to add it to the integrations if possible.

Look into Node-red, it may do what you want.
https://flows.nodered.org/search?term=Tuya&type=node&type=collection

I setup a docker to play with it - have it talking to my MakerAPI instance and can see the devices, but it lists the same on/off/status options which are already available in Hubitat. I guess I don't see a way to execute a specific command or python script? Is that the intent of using Node-Red?

Using Node-Red to talk to hubitat won't enable new commands that hubitat doesn't already have. You may want to see if there is a native tuya pallet for Node-red.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.