Any device that reports voltage?

@mavrrick58 Agreed! However they are impossible to get on Amazon - and I haven't had good luck with Aeotec's website wrt delivery and updating of your order!

Here is a link to a distributor that i got from Aeotec's website Zwave Products.com

There is also the Zen15 from Zooz at The Smartest House which is a bit cheaper.

Thanks!

OK, well I learned I actually already have a device that does this. I thought I checked all my smart plugs but I missed some. These Iris 3210-L Smart Plugs report power use, voltage and frequency. They are also BOTH Zigbee smart plugs AND ZWAVE repeaters. The Zigbee part reports the power stuff and controls the outlet, and the Zwave part is just a repeater. You need to use this driver from Shackrat. Incidentally, it only seems to report voltage and freq when the switch is turned ON- which is fine for my purposes- I'll just leave it turned on.

I would be very careful about using that as a Z-Wave repeater. If the devices firmware is not at the appropriate version it will mess up your mesh.

Unfortunately there is no way to update the FW at this point. If you have an outlet with this sticker you may be okay.. but not completely sure.

edit: I have a bunch of these and have decided to never use the ZW repeater functionality - too hit or miss.

2 Likes