Any Cool Smart Sprinkler System Use-cases?

I have some WIFI (non-hubitat) sprinkler timers. Ive created Node-Red logic that uses a Weather Forecast API, adds any water (rain or sprinkler) from the previous day to determine how much (or skip) a watering for the current day.

i use the built in weather in rachio.. that said i also implemented my own raachio dashboard ..
comes in handy as easier to use than the rachio stuff

just used it yesterday as i turned on the sprinklers and had to check each zone.
Also used when blowing out the zones in the fall.

I just got my Rachio 3 - 8 zone the other day. Plan on trenching after we get the fence in... Just have to sit down and map my yard for the lay out

2 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but you can do that with the Rachio app itself.

I hope you're bringing someone in to do that! My soil is almost rock-hard six inches down in some spots, so I gave up DIY trenching after digging out just a foot or so for a new line. I can run the PVC/valves, etc., but the trenching was murder on my body.

Use a machine to do it. We have clay here but it's not too too bad...

It appears that they added that functionality to the Android app just recently. That option is not available for my current flex schedule, but it is available if I create a new schedule. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Glad you pointed that out, though. I didn't have a reason to create a new schedule so I would have never found it!