Any 3rd party drivers available for these two RBG led strip wifi adapters?

I have two different LED strips that use an app called Magic Home. They work great and so far (almost two years) have been 100% reliable.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079239CYM
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072DXFKRH

Is there a way to setup a virtual device that can gain full functionality to have it display in hubitat and not rely on the app and/or Alexa to make the needed changes?

You are looking for this [Release] Magic Home Wifi Devices - 0.89

WOW that's almost perfect! It works great - but when I add a tile to a dashboard for it - I chose a color bulb so I can adjust the color, but then I can't close the dialog box... i have to refresh the hubitat webpage and go back into the dashboard to continue... is that how it is for you too?

I have never used these with a dashboard so I cannot confirm.

Do you just use them with rule machine then? Just curious now... this is so awesome :slight_smile:

I only have one set that are in my daughters playroom... there is a button that sets a random color and a button that puts them on the 7 color cycle.

That's awesome - thanks so much for being Hasty(1) :slight_smile:

Glad to hear the driver is working for you! Not sure why youโ€™re having that issue with the modal window in your dashboard. @bobbyD might have a better idea.

My question would be: what browser are you using? Does this behavior happen in other browsers?

I've tried Safari and Chrome on my mac... both do the same thing.

Interesting. Does this happen on your phone?

Happens in both safari on my phone and using the hubitat app as well. The webpage lets me change colors in safari but can't close the dialog. The hubitat app doesn't even acknowledge there's a dialog there - clicking on the screen or swiping navigates the background and/or turns on and off switches behind the dialog/modal window.

Solution-get an android :smirk:

Seriously I read the same error in IOS where it doesn't acknowledge the dialog box, or it's not in the forefront. I think @bravenel knows about it

Wow I thought you were being pompous. I just tried it on my Kindle Fire and it closes properly. ARGH.

No, not at all. I was joking. I tease my brother in law, all the time. He's such a fanboy, that if apple decided to charge 5000.00 for their next phone, he'd buy 2, plus all the accessories.
I think the staff is working on afix, which i read somewhere in 1 of these 87,000 threads

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.