Another small milestone

My first modules bought used, first one hooked up, couldn't quite find any documentation for it -- but managed to get it paired and working anyway just from general knowledge. Also first time I've resorted to a test-bench setup. Crude, things like plastic clamps holding conductors to the prongs of a plug-in light socket :frowning: . I'm enough used to lab benches and house wiring that I'm not likely to hurt myself using this for brief testing.

The module is an Aeon; info the HE sees is:
deviceId: 27
deviceType: 3
manufacturer: 134

And what the case says is Aeon Labs Micro Illuminator G2, Model DSC27103-ZWUS

So, two questions; does anybody have a PDF of the manual for this? I haven't been able to find anything online so far. Not sure what I may not know about it; I did manage to get it paired and working, including changing the switch to momentary-contact mode, but who knows what else I may be missing?

And, just curious, what's the 3V output there for? According to my multimeter the two switch terminals have 3V between them already, and shorting them is treated as a switch closure. So the 3V terminal isn't for that.

Here is what success looks like:

(Bought these from somebody on this site, in fact; they can claim credit if they wish!)

1 Like

Is this it? I don't see the specific model number you listed . . .

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/706

1 Like

Thanks, those manuals all look highly relevant. Possibly, not sure for sure yet, a closely-related module, but quite possibly the exact module.

Here's the one I have (well, I have 5, but they seem the same):

You got those from me.

The 3 volt pin was designed for a touch panel that was also sold with these. I've used it to power sensors before.

I've used these in two separate homes, one with ST, then the latest one with Hubitat.

Yep, from you (and promptly shipped and etc. too!). Thanks again, and for the additional manuals too. I know where at least three of these are going, though I'm waiting on a couple of other parts (push-buttons of the size I want mostly).

Ah, I did see a touch panel connector mentioned, that makes sense of the 3V out.