Another org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException Error Post

I have recently been seeing an error in my logs for org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Column "data_type" not found and I just cannot figure this one out. I have taken all the advice I have searched for (downloaded restore file, soft reset, restored from downloaded restore file--multiple times) and I even deleted Maker API and reinstalled Maker API to try to get it to go away because the app it points to is Maker API but the error persists. Not very often, maybe 2 or 3 times a day but it is driving me nuts.

Anybody know of anything I can do? I would like to figure out what device is causing it since it is always on line 721 but seems I cannot get to that level of detail. Any way we can query a database to return what the device is?

I cannot say how long it has been going on because I got my hub to a point that I was happy and not seeing errors and then ignored it until I decided to check it out last weekend. The only changes to my system was to rename an Iris sensor recently but not sure why that would impact Maker API since it isn't being used in Maker API. I hate to think I will start to remove devices and add back one at a time....

Thanks!

Have you tried turning on the debug logging in Maker API?

Yes, I did that as well for a short time but nothing other than showing that it is:
listDevices called
findDevice called
deviceItem called

I see that when an API is called with the error in amongst the calls.

Hmmm, I believe h2 is the db used by the hub software, and if one of the built in apps (Maker API) can't find a column in one of the tables, I would suspect some kind of issue with the code, rather than one of your devices.

What firmware version are you running on the hub?

Thanks for that info. I believe I am on the latest:
hub-2.2.3.145

I'm running 135 and I don't see it... Can't see anything that would have caused it in the release notes, or in other posts on the forum. Might be one for support...

Link below is to the post for 142, the next version after 135

I've just upgraded to 145. I'll report back if I see anything in the logs

Thanks! Looks like I cannot revert back to 135 so I cannot give that a try on my end.

A Soft Reset usually clears up database related errors. Please be sure to follow the detailed instructions in the Hubitat a Documentation if you decide to try a soft reset. Also, be sure to download a current backup to your PC, before you start.

Thanks! Yes, I have followed the detail instructions 3 times and still get the errors and soft reset every time.

1 Like