Another one bites the dust

Never really been in that position with direct attach controllers. Mine all go via MQTT and I have a lot of different controllers handled like that. I do hope it is ‘minor editing’ and also that if you choose to introduced another controller brand it drops in easily .. with the same minor editing.

Multiple HE’s will be cooperative because of the excellent built in Hub Mesh

I've switched back and forth between hubitat, home assistant and z2m multiple times with all logic in node-red. Typically within 30 to 60 minutes I can be back to 100% functional. Well after I'm done pairing the devices of course... That takes me more than 30 to 60 minutes :-).

So it isn't like it takes a minute or two, but it doesn't take hours and days either.

2 Likes

This choice of approaches is great to have such that if one route presents a ‘gotcha’ then another is available.

During the last couple of years HA has really developed into this cooperative role and with Matter etc let’s hope it continues. I don’t feel constrained with HA like I used to. The loss of some cloud only API’s (and company’s) is still worrying though.

4 Likes