(Another) New User w/ a Twist

Yea, stuff like that is where I draw the line. However I do like to be able to bring up Alexa on my phone (My Motorola has built in Alexa) and say unlock the XXXX door, give her the code, and I am in.

And those are different how? :smiley: And I didn't know there was such thing as too many guns.

My house is 3300sq ft and lutron has been flawless, many more issues with zigbee and zwave based switches when I started with those!

Okay, I’m half sold on Lutron.

How do you handle dimming/fan speed on a single switch/remote? Doesn’t appear possible.

Do you mean both dimming and fan speed control on the same remote? If so, I agree that it would be confusing, but there's nothing stopping you from doing whatever you want--you can assign any action to any button (any button event, really: push button 1 = turn on light, hold button 1 = turn on fan, for example, if you wanted nobody but you to be able to figure out how your Pico works). You could also get as creative as you want if you're willing to put in the work to make it happen--e.g., maybe the middle button a 5-button Pico could be some sort of "alt" button and pressing it toggles between the remote acting on the fan or the lights (you'd need Rule Machine or a custom app for this).

But Picos are so cheap I'd probably just get two to make it easy. The fan-engraved Picos are more expensive for no reason (because ... Lutron, I guess), but on Hubitat, this doesn't matter--you can use any device for any purpose, so the cheap lights-engraved Pico would work just as well, or you could be like me and put a label on top of the engravings to make it clearer. :slight_smile:

Sort of what I did.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.