Android Auto

Hubitat for Android Auto. I got me a brand new pioneer Android auto stereo was wondering if there was a way that I could run hubitat on it like Samsung SmartThings.

Like remote access to my home so that way when I drive away during the day all lights shut off all fans shut off and all light bulbs turn off and etc.

If I come home at night the living room light would turn on. Porch light is set up to come on at sunset and go off at sunrise.

I would also like to set up security so that the alarm is set when I leave and turns off when I arrive.

Your help would be greatly appreciated in this matter

Try this. HD+ - Android Auto Support

You will need to install the HD+ Android App.

2 Likes

My question is how do I set up remote access I'm not at home?

So with apple play/android auto it uses your phone and simply lays out apps that are on your phone flagged with apple play/android auto capability. The apps themselves aren't stored on the head unit. So when you push HD+ and it launches on the head unit its really running on the phone and the head unit is sort of just a monitor (again it creates a layout on the head unit but im trying to simplify things). So to answer your question as long as your Hubitat is connected to the internet and your phone has internet capability then you can remote control hubitat. Now the hubitat app itself is not android auto compatible so can't be launched on screen on the pioneer, but HD+ is as a dashboard.

1 Like

Another vote for HD+ Android Auto. This will display icons on your head unit so that you can turn things on and off.

But it sounds like you want to automate these actions. If you have an android phone, then you can use Tasker to automate routines. When my and my wife phone disconnects from our home WiFi during the day , Hubitat turns on our outside cameras. When we park and reconnect to the WiFi network, then the cameras go off.

If you want actions to happen earlier, you might to look at the geolocation feature of the Hubitat app. That way you should be able to trigger actions when you enter a particular area e.g. within a 200m radius of your house.

1 Like