Ambient weather integration and AQIN sensor

Hello,
I’m using the ambient weather app created by Kurt sanders and installed by HPM. I just installed Ambient Weather AQIN indoor air quality sensor, and the app is not creating a child devise for it. The Habitat created Ambient Weather Console devise does show the values from the sensor , but I can't even retrieve these values as attributes. Can a child devise be created for this sensor? Or can the Ambient Weather Console devise be modified such that it shows the attributes form the AQIN sensor?

Thank you

Interesting, did you install the optional "Ambient Particulate Monitor" driver when you used HPM to install Ambient Weather Station App? It is an optional HE driver that I think interfaces with the data from the AQIN indoor air quality sensor.

You will have to remove your existing instance of Ambient Weather Station app and reinstall using HPM and select the optional components that you have in your Ambient environment measuring system.

Fingers crossed that this will pick up your Ambient Particulate Monitor.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that optional driver is installed, but only the outdoor child devise is created. The main devise shows the values for the AQIN, but as I mentioned earlier, I can’t use them.

Should I still uninstall the app and reinstall again? One more thing. The AQIN was added at a later time with two other indoor hygrometers. The hygrometers were picked up, but not the AQIN.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Thanks

Yes, since new weather/temperature components were added, you will have to remove your existing instance of Ambient Weather Station app and reinstall using HPM and select the optional components that you have in your Ambient environment measuring system.

Thank you, I will do so this evening

I did uninstall of the app and removed the instance. I reinstalled the app using HPM. It added all the devices except the indoor AQIN

Additionally, lightning detector is not added.

We might need to chat this through a PM, I will send you a PM.

Ambient Weather Station Version 6.0.0 (AWS) is now available for early beta testing in HPM.

One should only upgrade their existing working version of AWS (5.x.x) if you have an AQIN Sensor or Lightning Detector in your configuration.

"Version 6.0.0: New Features:

1. Added sensor data from Ambient AQIN/CO2 Sensor to the HE Ambient Particulate Monitor device,
  2. Added sensor data from Ambient Lightning Detector to HE Ambient Main Console Device,
  3. Changed default run every from 5 to 15 mins to reduce event load on HE hub.
  4. Removed all remnants of legacy code and detection logic to completely end support for the SmartThings version (Long live Hubitat :heart:)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.