Amazon Echo Skill - SwitchBot curtains reversed

The Amazon Echo Skill has been working fine with my devices for ages. I just added SwitchBot Curtains robots and the close and open commands are reversed and I don't know why. I'm posting here as it appears to be an issue leveraging the Echo skill rather than anything else in HE.

I have the curtain robots integrated into HE via TomW's driver (v0.9.18). I can open and close them properly via the SwitchBot app or HE by pushing the appropriate buttons. Telling the Echo to open the curtains causes them to close, however, and vice versa. I can set the curtains via the Echo skill using a percentage value and have the exact same outcome as providing a set level to the device in HE; it's just open and close that are reversed.

I've rebooted HE and the SwitchBot Hub Mini. I've removed and readded the curtains to the Echo skill. I've removed and readded the SwitchBot system device and children devices. The issue persists.

Please let me know what I'm missing.

Are you using the newest version of my SwitchBot Curtain driver?

I added a configurable preferences option to invert the position information, because the reporting could be backwards for open/close depending on which side or direction they were physically mounted.

However, another user helpfully pointed out that I didn't plumb the invert option through the commands to open and close in addition, which is probably what is causing your issue with Alexa.

I am in the process of reviewing the proposed changes, and I think you will be a great beta tester to see if those help.

I'll contact you via private message with a version to try, and then let's continue any other discussion on the main thread for my integration.

2 Likes

I installed the latest SwitchBot Curtain driver yesterday and added it to my Homekit integration. I tried switching the option for inverting open/close on the Homekit integration page a bunch of times and it didn't resolve the issue. I finally found the option to invert on the Curtain device configuration page and that fixed it. Hopefully this helps, or else hopefully Tom can get you fixed up.

1 Like

I just realized this thread is 11 months old :joy:

1 Like