Amazon Echo Skill activation "kills" Rule Machine automation

Hi all

I have a rule setup to automatically lock my door after a period of time which was working mostly fine (there are some issues which are outside the scope of this problem).

I purchased two Echo Dots and decided to integrate them to my Hubitat setup which I was able to do by installing the Amazon Echo Skill and it works. I can tell Alexa to lock and unlock my door. The problem now is that my auto-lock rule no longer works even if I run it manually.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards
Anson

Can you post your rule? It is impossible to consider what could be wrong without seeing it.

1 Like

Hi

The reason I didn't post it is because it was working fine and only stopped after I enabled the Amazon Echo Skill so was not inclined to believe that the rule had an issue but I see your point.

Please see the rule below:

Turn on logging for this rule. Run it, and post the logs.

Also, when you control the lock using Alexa, are you using the Reliable Locks instance, or the actual lock itself.

Finally, how frequently are you polling the real lock from Reliable Locks?

P.S. Add an END-IF to complete your rule

Is that needed in RM?
I have a few RMs like this where I have one conditional statement, do you need to end all IF's with an "END-IF"?

e.g. This:

Should be this?:

1 Like

It's just good practice.

3 Likes

ok I found the problem.

I am using [Release] Reliable Locks]([Release] Reliable Locks) and I change the device name of the Front Door Lock just before installing the Amazon Echo Skill. So the Rule was referencing the wrong device name.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers
Anson

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.