[Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

That is going to be very difficult to achieve with rule machine. There are too many attributes that have to be carried over. I would look at an app like Mirror Me.

But also, your range hood supports regular light bulbs? And you're going to hack into your range hood to add a zigbee relay? I wouldn't do that kind of electrical hacking on an appliance.

You're also going to need multiple relays to control a fan. And most range hoods are not going to allow you to wire into them with a relay wherever you want.

There's nothing saying you can't just integrate the fan and the light separately and then assign them the appropriate name in Google home. You would still get the same integration from a voice control perspective that you would from tying them together.

Ultimately, I would try and get the real world devices working first before figuring out how to tie them into google home. Seems like you're putting the cart before the horse. The virtual devices to connect to Google Home is the least challenging part of what you are proposing.

I have these devices currently working in my home now....The fireplace works with a Pico remote fine. and with google home as a virtual on off switch. I would just use similar rules to change the virtual fan device.

I also have my stove hood set up. a sengled bulb and a on/off zigbee relay that turns the fan on/off. both are controlled by a pico and also motion for the light and temperature for the fan. If i could put these into one device then the light can be controlled separately from the rest of the kitchen lights. When they are separate the stove light automatically lumps in with the rest of the lights in the room.

This is what I'm trying to achieve.

1 Like

Thanks again for providing this! I was able to add the on/off capability to the driver and I have my devices setup and working the way I wanted.

Going to see if i can figure out how to add toggles next, if that is even possible.

2 Likes

This post saved me thanks! Just wouldn't work then I figured out that I read hub ID as hub IP lol. What a dummy!

1 Like

This feature will be great for the pool this summer! Will you be adding the humidity trait to this integration also?

I think I might have found a way to have both the % open close for blinds as well as a default open close value at the same time. If you were to use the google device trait of discrete open and close and have that execute setLevel and the value, you could then add the device trait of rotation by percent as well and then you could request rotating them to such and such a percentage. What do you think about trying that? If you wanted to add the rotation trait in the next batch, I'd definitely give it a shot.

Yep, it's on my todo list.

I hadn't really considered combining open/close and rotation, but it's a good idea. I'll add that one to my todo list.

1 Like

Sweet.

New Trait: Humidity Setting

I've added support for the Humidity Setting trait. This trait can be used by humidity sensors as well as devices like humidifiers and dehumidifiers (though I have no idea if there are any Hubitat drivers for those).

2 Likes

Turns out there was a bug in that last update. If you updated in the last 5 minutes update again.

If remove a device from the app in HE, shouldn't the corresponding device also be removed from Google Home on the next sync?

It should, yes.

AH HA!!! The one I removed was the last device of that type in the app. So when I removed it, the device type was now empty. Because of that, the device wouldn't remove from Google Home. Once I removed the device type, then the device was removed from Google Home. They are sneaky little bastards sometimes.

Interesting. I'm not able to reproduce that behavior. Are there any errors in your logs from when you tried to sync with the empty device type?

Thanks! this is working great with my iris sensors.
It looks like "Humidity measurement" is missing from the device pull down when setting up a device type though. Can this be added?

I will try it again with debugging turned on.

There should be a Relateive Humidity Measurement entry. Those choices are all based on Hubitat's device capabilities.

Doh, Wow not sure how I missed that. Sorry

I'm setting up my Ikea Fyrtur blinds in this integration to get proper open/close commands and ran into an issue with direction. The commonly recommended driver seems to operate in reverse to how your integration is expecting. When I ask Google to "open the corner shades", they close and vice versa when I ask to close the shades they open.

The Ikea driver says setPosition 100 is closed and setPosition 0 is open which is the opposite of your technically correct implementation based on Google's documentation. Any chance you could add a "invert direction" toggle to the OpenClose trait to correct backwards drivers like this and use 100 for closed and 0 for open?