[Alpha] Abode Alarm driver

UPDATE: this has now been officially released as stable: [RELEASE] Abode Alarm system driver

For installation instructions see Getting Started · jorhett/hubitat-abode Wiki · GitHub

original/old text below:

I've published a minimal but effective driver for the Abode alarm system. There's about a dozen people (who've told me they are) using it. It works for us, it may explode violently for you. YMMV.

2020-03-19T07:00:00Z Version 0.5 features

• Login to the API Portal -- supports MFA auth
  • Arm/disarm Abode from Hubitat driver page or Rule Machine
  • Act on Abode-initiated mode changes with Rule Machine
  • Copy Abode timeline events to Hubitat device events

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jorhett/hubitat-abode/v0.5/AbodeAlarm.groovy

As of this release you can control Abode alarm status from Hubitat, as well as act on Abode-initiated (CUE automations or Mobile clients) real-time updates from Abode.

Details at GitHub - jorhett/hubitat-abode: A Hubitat driver to interface with an Abode alarm system. Make sure you install the 0.5 release and not whatever is currently on master :wink:

Trace level debugging will show you every response from Abode's API:

1 Like

v0.5 released today. Getting much closer to a Beta

2020-03-19 Release 0.5.0

Added

• Preference for how much slack to allow in socket timeout
  • Ignore lists for events types and device names

Changed

• Utilize type field in alerts to communicate data source
  • Refactored session management of event socket to improve error handling

As of version 0.6 this driver is now in beta. Ongoing updates will be here

Hey I've got Abode system running in my home. Just setup Hubitat. Found this and very curious to try it. I loaded the driver but I'm not sure how to connect the Gateway with Hubitat. Can you briefly explain? I went to Devices->Discover Devices and chose Z-wave and LAN but nothing ever pops up... Do I add it a different way?

As per the message above yours, there's more details on the beta post. I'll respond to you there.

Closed per OP request.