Almanac data in Hubitat

Being with Hubitat for a very long time one of the areas I still am missing from older home automations systems is Almanac data that goes beyond Sunrise/Sunset. I have been playing around with WeeWx with my weather station over the holiday and I was really impressed on how much Almanac data I was able to get out of it from PyEphem that uses the libastro C library for calculations or orbital objects.

I would be great to do some Twilight, Evening, moon phase and other orbital data to build rules off of. I was thinking of doing some web service calls to expose it from my raspberry pi but just was wondering if anyone else has tackled the Almanac yet?

I use this to determine when the sun would be shining into a window in the summer.

[RELEASE] SunCalc Driver - Developers / Code Share - Hubitat

2 Likes

Moon phase: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/moonPhase.groovy

2 Likes

I use both the above mentioned apps to a lesser or greater extent (moonphase actually has been greatly helpful to me for some outdoor camera iris controls :slight_smile: ). I see the extent of the Almanac data, if you find a source, please let me know!

BTW - have you seen/heard about Avatar switch? It's a fantastic little tool that lets you embed stuff like iFrame. I haven't used it lately but potentially you could at least display a tile ...
here's an example I use - I know it's not what you asked about specifically - but as an example its sorta neat. if I click it, it takes me to the farmers almanac page with the calendar of moon phases.

1 Like