All of z-wave devices suddenly are stopping to respond

That is really long. Are you using the z-wave poller app? If so, stop using it, and see if it makes a difference.

2 Likes

Just for a point of comparison, I currently have 61 z-wave devices, 17 of them are battery powered. My z-wave repair takes about 25 minutes.

Yeah, it seems that something is wrong with my hardware or setup.

Also after yesterdays reboot and 3 z-wave repairs, it lasted 12 hours only and again z-wave devices stopped to respond.

Ps: No i am not using poller app, i dont even know what it is

Same problems here...started yesterday. Two Zigbee bulbs stopped responding (never had that happen) and my zwave switches aren't responding to commands. Had to reset the two bulbs, but don't know what to do about the ZWave stuff.

@enver.kurteshi are you are using maybe some trv like Eurotronic or Danfoss?

This might help. Further down in the thread, @aaiyar posted the required curl commands so you can automatically do this once every few weeks with Rule ma hub until you find the Z-Wave device on your network that is causing the issue.

Quick Z-Wave fix

Been having issues since last update. Currently on 2.1.8.117. Last few days my devices have just stopped working by morning.

Didn't think anything about it the first reboot, but today is the third day in a row now. Woke up this morning and nothing was working, couldn't get to hub via IP either. Hard reboot and all is good. Now at the end of day everything is grinding to a halt. Devices are barely working (zigbee/z-wave), and delay has increased as the day went on.

EDIT: Ooops, just realized I have 3rd party app (TP-Link Integration) and drivers that are out of date. That was the only thing that really showed up in the logs once I actually sat down to troubleshoot. Sorry for the kneejerk :man_facepalming:

No, for trv i am using two fibaro, but it seems that i have problem with one of 8 Neo Coolcam switches, i disabled that one and so far its been 3 days and i dont have problem anymore. Also zwave-repair it doesn't take more than a minute (previously it took more than an hour). I hope this was the faulty z-wave device and i hope i don't have this problem anymore.

how you get that you have problem with this one switch?

I have the same problem and no response from support at all!

Very dissapointing because it makes the Hubitat VERY unreliable...

All my z-wave device just stoped working (im not home at the mo). Why the question about trv's i have 3 (1 Euro and 2 Danfoss)??

I'm assuming that generic z-wave thermostat driver used for Eurotronic trv is the cause of this problem - there was few similar topics here on community and almost always somebody have Eurotronic trv.

HELP, disabled z-wave and re enabled
ran z-wave repair,
still no communication back to the hub

shut down HE, take out z-wave stick, put in, power on...

did it again, only thing that works is a shut down and pull the power (reboot has no effect)

Same problem here......really sucks when you are on vacation.....

Are you using the HE thermostat built in app?

More "anecdotal" evidence there is a "problem" with the zwave radio in these hubs.

I would not call a few incidents “evidence”, since the majority of us are not having problems.

@mark.cockcroft Reboots won’t resolve issues with your Z-Wave mesh, since the Z-Wave radio remains powered during a reboot.

3 Likes

So you would you call them non existent then? Is issues only relevant when a majority of users experience them? Is ONLY issues actually reported via the forum to verify their existence "proof" the scale of the issue?