All my Zigbee devices have stopped working

All my Zigbee devices have stopped working. When I activate it through the console, the status does not change, and nothing is recorded in the system log or the events for the device. I noticed ZigBee performance reducing over the past few days, i.e. leaving the odd light on here and there. I updated to the latest FW at lunchtime, 2.3.4.148 and a few hours later, everything Zigbee(Mostly bulbs and LED strips) stopped working. I did the get child and route info I've seen in posts and this seems to change by the second but not list more than 16 devices. I have around 35 Zigbee devices that normally perform perfectly.

Any advice, please, as I'm literally sitting in the dark.

I've got to add that I have re-started all mains powered devices to no avail. Including hubitat that I turned off for a few mins, then restarted.
Most bulbs / LED strips are Ajax devices that have functioned perfectly for around two years.

Also should add that no events or leg entries are created against any of the zigbee devices. It's as though nothing has been requested of them.

go into settings, zigbee details, try disabling the zigbee(it should show "ENABLED"), shut down the hub, pull the wall power(not the hub), wait a minute, then re-power the hub.
If you made a note of PAN ID, there is a possibility it may have changed, which will require some devices to be re-paired. You don't need to remove the devices, just go through the pairing routine.

4 Likes

Any chance your 2.4GHz WiFi network has changed channels to now conflict with your 2.4GHz Zigbee channel?

1 Like

I've followed your instructions and nothing is requiring a re-pair. It is like zigbee has just stopped working. No logs and no events. Thanks for your help.

I'm looking at my wifi now @ogiewon and cant see any changes but I'm doing a full scan from my AP.

The difference is chalk and cheese. 95% worked to 0% worked within such a short time window. if it was interference I would expect at least 1 in 20 or more to work but absolutely zero. It's like my zigbee ariel has been disconnected.

I've done a channel scan and cant see anything above channel 13.
However, Having looked at UK channels it looked like 11 could overlap chan 20. and there is activity there.

So I have moved to chan 26. It's late now so see if it's fixed by the morning.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

FYI, not all devices are compatible with channel 26. Try 25, plus 26 is at lower power, at least in USA

2 Likes

Thanks @Rxich for your assistance, Im in the UK so had retired when you messaged. I set to 26 overnight but nothing had recovered by morning. I changed it to 25 on your advise then had to reset and re-pair every zigbee device in the house. It was a right pain but got there eventually. I have no idea why it dropped everything or if they would have re-paired on chan 20 but I appear to be working again now.

Do make a note of your PAN ID in Zigbee details, so in the case this happens again. Do you have any Aqara devices on the mesh? Maybe some close nearby neighbors with zigbee devices?

The issue outlined below has been fixed, but it's a good read anyway to understand the magic of Zigbee and a possible cause of all devices dropping

1 Like

Permanently recorded here @Rxich ...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.