All my Leviton DZPD3 Dimmers Have Died

Do these switches do power reporting? If so what's the reporting interval?

No they do not.

Having exactly the same issue with 5 new DZPD3. After working fine for 2 weeks, 3 hang at 10% dim level and wont budge.

So far found 2 work around

• Unpair, reset to default, pair the device --> Not a reliable fix, issue does come back
  • Config as a DZ6HD dimmer --> under observation.

Any suggestions ? Could not find a fw version in the pusblished data.

Any other suggestions as a more permanent fix ?

I switched to the "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" driver and the problem went away for me. The DZ6HD model is supposed be the same (internally) but I believe it's not. Something bogus about that driver basically crashes the DZPD3 dimmer.

2 Likes

WIll try the Generic Z wave dimmer. I was using before the Generic Zwave scene dimmer driver. Worked fine for 2 weeks, then they crashed. Thanks for the tip Joe !

1 Like

Glad to help. I'd be interested in hearing back if it also solved the issue at your end. Mine has been running about a year now with no hiccups.

1 Like

That is good news, i will give it a try for sure.

The Generic Zwave Scene dimmer driver was selected by the HE after doing a 'generic' zwave inclusion. Will switch them over to the generic 'non scene' version and lets see.

I noted that this specific dimmer is not in the list of supported device.

Thanks for your feedback

It doesn't have to be to work. As long as it follows standard z-wave/zigbee protocols, it will likely work with the generic drivers. This applies to most devices. Or a community driver.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification about generic drivers.

SO far, solution implemented + 1 day, restored the functionality. (after a unpair, reset to default , pair again). Since it was working fine for 2 weeks with the other generic driver, only long term will tell if it is the final solution

1 Like

Follow up , 2 weeks later, everything is still up and running !

2 Likes

Thanks- sounds like my fix with the generic driver is working.

My DZPD3 is working again after experiencing the problem with the maximum brighntess of 10. I did an exclusion (7 seconds press) then reset (14 second press) then inclusion. I’m using the generic zwave plus dimmer. I tried the generic zwave dimmer (not plus) and it failed after a few commands.

Yea, same here. Only the "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" works with the DZPD3. Any other Hubitat driver causes the 10% dim crash. At that point, it may or may not respond to exclusion and the only way to fix it is a factory reset of the device. I don't know about using the front panel button to cause the issue as I haven't tested this.

I'd be willing to send one to the Hubitat guys to figure out what's going on.

@mledford @zvoyageur @user3522

@JoeJ reached out to me to see if I would make a custom driver for this dimmer.
If you have used my ZEN dimmer switch drivers before, I cloned that and adapted it to this dimmer plug. You get with this full parameters support and my awesome brightness correction feature, more info: [DRIVER] Zooz ZEN Switches Advanced (and Dimmers) - #17 by jtp10181

So far in my testing it is rock solid. I do not have an actual lamp handy to plug in :laughing: but I am going to go get a 2-prong cord end tomorrow so I can butcher up a "lamp" from my test rig, which consists of an old brass light fixture connected to whatever I am testing with wire nuts.

This should work for the DZ6HD in wall dimmer as well. If anyone has one and wants to test I can add the fingerprints to this and enable the parameters for it.

LINK REMOVED:
See link to official release post below

@mledford @zvoyageur @user3522

Custom driver for DZPD3 Released:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I've been having trouble with my DZ3 DZ6 devices playing nicely with my zooz dimmers. I 'm getting occasional false "On 10%" status so I'm hoping this will straighten things out.

1 Like

Thanks . Installed the driver yesterday. Was a no brainer. It fixed dimmers stuck at 10% with the generic driver. Only issue is that configuration items did not appeared at first, I had to hit the configure choice to see them appear.

Thats normal, the driver has to read some of the stored data to determine what device you have, to present the correct settings. It can only do that when you save or configure, just swapping the driver and saving doesn't trigger anything to run in the code.

Glad it fixed the problem!

Hi folks... New here. I bought 4 of the DZPD3 and all of them will not go past 10%.. What's the latest fix??

Are you using my driver posted above? [DRIVER] Leviton Dimmers (DZPD3 / DZ6HD)

1 Like