Alexa Skill - Zwave thermostat issue

Hi,

using the Alexa skill I have an issue with my Thermostat device.
I am using the built-in "Generic Z-wave Plus Thermostat" device.
Alexa does not show the temperature , it shows "0"
But it can correctly set level of the thermostat.

is this a known issue ?
what may be wrong with my setup ?

Try instead using Thermostat Controller with that driver. This will allow you to use remote sensors if you want to, or just the main thermostat.

It will create a virtual thermostat that you should be able to expose to Alexa and get the temp. Not sure if it will display properly, but you should be able to ask for the temperature and get the right value.

1 Like

thanks for your answer but it won't help me with the situation.
I want to be able to set temperature setpoint and see it on my Echo show devices.
Now I can set the setpoint with command "Alexa, set device 25" (that's celcius)
and it works.
But in return , Echo show displays temperature 0 on its screen.

so , using a virtual thermostat device could solve the display problem but it won't be the actual thermostat and I won't be able to set an actual setpoint on it using Alexa.

Now, my question is:
since I use the built-in thermostat device, and use the built in Alexa skill
this should not be a specific problem to me.
is it a known problem ?
did I do something wrong ?

is there a solution ?

should I email support team since I do not use a custom device or custom app here ?

thanks.

I don’t use a Z-Wave thermostat and I don’t expose my thermostat to my Echo Show. Only use Google Home for that. So don’t know the answer.

But Controlling doesn’t sound like it’s the issue. Can you inquire what the temp of that thermostat is and get the correct response? If you can, then display seems an Amazon issue. If you cannot get the correct temp response from asking, then it might be an issue on this side.

I started using the tHermostat controller. Virtual thermostat is working with Alexa skill.
good.
just don't know why the physical thermostat is not as good.