Alexa Skill - Thermostats [RESOLVED]

That was just a sample virtual thermostat I made to write that rule as an example ....

I apologize, I see that in your note now. After toying and reading a bit more I see how your local variable comes into play. Never would have gotten that without your example. Thank you!

2 Likes

No apologies needed!

P.S. Glad it was useful ...

2 Likes

@bcopeland Is Alexa Thermostat skill on the roadmap?

Thermostat support was added to the Alexa skill in version 2.2.2 of the hub firmware, which was released a month ago.

1 Like

Yup. Works for me.

looks like I was out of the loop on that!

1 Like

Running 2.2.3.145. Has anyone else had an issue with the Amazon Echo Skill not working correctly with Virtual Thermostat devices? Using the basic thermostat integration, the device will show current status in the Alexa app, and will allow manipulation of the set-point, but eventually the set-point goes back and you get a message indicating device unresponsive.

If you, instead, use the advanced thermostat integration from the amazon echo skill app, all three (set-point, cool-set-point, and heat-set-point) show in the Alexa app, as well as status of the thermostat, but that is it. Shown set-points and status are static and non-interactive. When you attempt to adjust via voice, you again get the reply that the device is unresponsive.

With actual thermostats, this doesn't seem to be an issue. I just wanted to be able to play around with the new feature without having to cycle my AC/Heat constantly. Any ideas? I did a few searches, but couldn't really find anything on this.

I see the same non-controllable behavior with the advanced thermostat integration in 2.2.3.148.