Alexa skill thermostat “turn down temperature “

With the new capability to control thermostats from Alexa I can request and set temperatures directly with no issues. When I ask for the temperature to be changed relatively I get “device did not respond” and this error in the logs.

/installedapp/configure/56)java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'thermostatSetpoint' on null object on line 414 (handleRequest)

1 Like

I’ll check into that.. Thanks for reporting it

1 Like

Found the issue .. the fix will be in the next update

7 Likes

Thank for the quick response.
I have been so happy to finally be able shutdown SmartThings that I only kept going just for the Alexa/thermostat integration.

2 Likes

I also experienced this issue over the weekend but hadn't had a chance to post yet. Thanks!

1 Like

good news!,. with the latest release ( 2.2.3) I can request “turn down the temperature” and the thermostat device responds properly. Remaining issue is in the confirmation in the Alexa skill. I get "device is not responding“ and this error in the logs:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: toString for class: java.math.BigDecimal on line 769 (handleRequest)

Just checking in...is anyone else that was using "turn down temperature" experiencing the new issue?

First the temperature change IS successful, but Alexa responds that it was NOT and the following
appears in the logs:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: toString for class: java.math.BigDecimal on line 769 (handleRequest)
[/quote]

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.