Alexa skill controls device but says the device is not responding

I am guessing the issue is actually with those Leviton Z-Wave switches/dimmers. There is a known issue with Leviton devices NOT reporting there status updates back to the hub. To fix this issue, a firmware upgrade on the Leviton switches is necessary.

There are numerous threads regarding these Leviton switches. A simple search turned up this one which seems to have quite a bit on information in it regarding how to upgrade the switches.

Thank you. I will try that. it is definitely better than replacing all of my switches and dimmers.

I would like to report that upgrading the firmware on all of the Leviton devices has fixed the issue. I had given up on finding firmware a while back on ST since OTA was not supported. HomeSeer Z-Flash kit worked like a charm. Thanks ogiewon!

Great the virus has spread and now i have it! Moved all my devices from US account to Au account. Basically a "fresh install" from an Amazon perspective. I'm using the Skill and reinstalled that too.

All my connected HE connected devices trigger the "not responding" even though they work fine. Anything external to the HE works fine on Alexa, so got to be an HE thing.

It's a real nuisance as many have said, "the regular people" in our family were getting used to the whole automation thing and are now losing confidence!

Any suggestions?

Did you remove the Amazon Echo Skill App from Hubitat before switching to the AU Alexa account? Just wondering if there is something left over from the previous installation/configuration.

Dan can we promote you from Ambassador to demigod ..... here's how i fixed it and not sure what the fix piece was, I hadn't tried scorched earth on everything at once and a reboot:

1. delete Amazon Skill on HE
  2. delete HE skill on Amazon
  3. reboot HE
  4. reinstall Skill on HE
  5. reconnect HE skill on Amazon

All fixed ....... for now at least. I'd done all of these elements before but not 1,2,3 all at once.

Cheers

Mike

Nice! Glad to hear you got it behaving. Hopefully the family confidence is restored! :wink: