Alexa routine error Call to Alexa message gateway

I have an Alexa routine that turns on a virtual switch when a Blink camera senses motion. The virtual switch is set to turn off in 10 seconds. The routine works and the virtual switch turns on/off. The error occurs when the virtual switch is turned on in the Alexa app. If I manually turn it on from the Alexa app the error is instantly generated in Hubitat. The virtual switch does in fact turn on and then off. It functions correctly in my rule. I have tried numerous virtual drivers, Built-in and community. Switch, contact, motion; all with the same result. Force state update, enabled and disabled. I can live with the error since it causes no harm but it seems like I must have incorrectly configured something.

Try waiting a while and see if it still happens. I see that error every now and then and I've always assumed it's on the Amazon side. It never seems to mean anything and it stops after a while.

1 Like

I'll watch it for a few days but it seems different than the occasional random Amazon Alexa error. It started when I set up two routines that turn on Hubitat virtual switches rather than the other way around. It only occurs when the routine runs or I manually turn on the switch from the Amazon Alexa app.

Don't know, then. I have Alexa routines that turn virtual switches on/off, and I haven't seen that error the last few days.

I've played with this a good bit. The error is generated when Alexa turns on a virtual switch. I've created a dummy virtual motion sensor and virtual switch. When either is called by "Alexa turn on.... or from an Alexa routine I get the error. No error issues with turning on scenes or real devices. The virtual devices do turn on as intended. I see no issues with the errors other than they show up in the logs. I've redone my original Blink triggered routine so that the light is directly controlled by Alexa rather than a rule triggered by an Alexa driven virtual switch and it accomplishes what I had intended without errors.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.