Alexa question (not sure if this ie the right place for it)

We have used Alexa on Hubitat for a few years. with reasonable success. Currently it is turned off because Alexa got jokes! Seriously, bedroom lights would come on and off in the middle of the night. No automations or anything that I set up. Shutting the Alexa integration off stopped It. Some have suggested hunches, and I will check that out, but here is the problem and question. All of the Alexa devices in the house are connected to my wife's Amazon account (Primarily for her Amazon music). Getting her to log into that account so I can do work / maintenance stuff in Alexa is like pulling bears' teeth. So here is the question. Is it possible to have multiple account tied to Alexa? I would like to be able to just set the devices up from my account, but still let here have her Alexa access for what ever she does.

If this isn't the correct forum, can a admin or mod please move it to the correct one?

Yes. This is somewhat old, but I think the instructions should still work:

2 Likes

I did not know about the option that @aaiyar linked to when my son finished college a couple years ago and moved back home. When he was away he had just one echo and a few cloud based plug-ins.

Of course the stuff in his room at home was an Hubitat and he wanted to control it from his echo. I had him install the HE skill and sign in and scan for devices. My echo still worked but when I made modifications through the Amazon Echo Skill app in HE, only his account would get updated with the changes.

In my Alexa account I disable the HE skill and re-enabled it and now things we’re back to normal for my account and he could still control devices on HE.

Now when I make changes or additions to devices that he might want to control I simply get him to rediscover devices.

2 Likes