Alexa can't control anything - app says "Device is unresponsive"

So I tried that with the Google Home/Assistant skill. Once I deleted the Hubitat device from Google Home, it wouldn't add it back again.

So I rebooted the HE, and Alexa works just fine.

1 Like

I've seen this problem sometimes after an update, that Alexa goes on vacation. A reboot clears it up.

2 Likes

A shutdown and then unplug worked for me yesterday but happened again yesterday afternoon and again this morning.

Happened to me 2 mornings in a row. Ever since last update. Also lose cloud dashboards. Have to do a reboot.

This has been happening to me quite frequently now. A reboot of the hub fixes it temporarily.

This is happening at least once a day with Amazon Alexa Skill and Google Home. I have to reboot the hub to restore functionality.

This is now happening to me on a daily basis as well. I don't have alexa, but do loose connection to Google and to the dashboard via the app. I have to reset the hub to get them working again.

Google home says that it can't find Hubitat. Everything worked fine until the latest updated. Also some rules did not run today. Cloud dashboards just give different error messages.

Hmmm .. I'm fairly sure this information would be posted somewhere here in the community, but be advised that Patrick posted to the Facebook group:

We are aware of some users reporting loss of cloud services, such as remote access to dashboards, alexa, google, etc. We are working to track down the cause, but it appears to have been introduced into 2.1.3 and if you are experiencing this, we recommend rolling back to 2.1.2 until we have a resolution. A reboot of the hub will fix it, but in our research, its likely the issue will come back until a fix is deployed.

Also, please check out this topic (and provide feedback) for frequent cloud disconnects:

2 Likes

I am on platform 2.1.3.120. This just started happening after one of the last platform updates. The Echo will lose connectivity with the hub until I manually go in and restart the hub. Then it will work fine for a little while. When I go into the Echo app settings, all the way down at the bottom, under Scheduled Jobs, the one named "getAlexaAccessToken" shows a status of "PENDING". I can't help but think that this might be why it's becoming unresponsive. I don't see anywhere to manually run this job or force it to complete. Any ideas on this?

That is a periodic job that refreshes the token. you will always have a pending job listed. Nothing to worry about.

Ok, thanks.. I rolled back to 2.1.2.119, we'll see if that corrects the issue for now.

FWIW, the "lasting" solution for me was to roll back to 2.1.2.123, which I did sometime yesterday.

I'm on .125 and everything is working good for several days. I have a c4 hub. Seems this mostly is a c5 problem. I did have problems with Alexa at first. I went into my Alexa app and disconnected from hubitat, uninstalled the Alexa skill in hubitat, then added Alexa skill back and in Alexa app added hubitat back in. Discovered and enabled devices and all is good.

1 Like

The issue was fixed in 2.1.3.125.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the issue, which arose in 2.1.3.120, was a C4 vs C5 issue. Until 2.1.3.125 was released, the advice from @bobbyD was to downgrade to a 2.1.2.x platform version. Off course, the fix in 2.1.3.125 makes that unnecessary.

You may be right. I've seen posts from C5 users with problems, may be coincidence.

my Alexa occasionally responds with “device xxx is unresponsive” issues. C4 hub. Still on v2.1.1.122

Try updating. there was a fix in v. 2.1.3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.