Aeotex range extender 6 driver

Hi I am unable to find driver for aeotex range extender 6. I googled it but can't find a solution. Does anyone have a solution to this?

This is the driver that I am using with the Extender6 and seems to work great.

1 Like

And, with 2.1.7:

" * New tested devices:

• GLEDOPTO Mini Zigbee RGB+CCT Controller using Generic ZigBee RGBW Light
  • Nue HGZB-07A using Generic ZigBee RGBW Light
  • Innr GU10 Colour bulb using Generic ZigBee RGBW Light
  • Powely Thermostat using Generic Z-Wave Thermostat
  • GE ZigBee Plug-In Switch using GE Zigbee Switch
  • CEL Cortet Z10 using Ikea TRADFRI Signal Repeater
  • Aeotec Range Extender 7 using Generic Z-Wave Repeater
  • RGBgenie ZB-4003 in wall micro switch using Generic Zigbee Switch
  • SmartThings UK outlet using Generic Zigbee Outlet"

So are we better off using the Generic Z-Wave Repeater than the Iris Z-Wave Repeater?

Chuck

To be clear, you don't really need to use any specific driver with this. Repeating is handled at the protocol/device level, and Hubitat has nothing to do with it. The generic "Device" driver would do just fine for that purpose. Some dedicated drivers might just let you see a bit more information about the device that you may find useful.

1 Like

I have never (or I should say not yet) tried the Iris driver with the Aeotec Range Extender. The listed driver for the device is the Generic Z-Wave Repeater and I believe @mike.maxwell has now set it up (effective with the 2.1.7 update) so that is the recognized Device Name/Type when you pair a new one. You may be a better judge of which one works better if you have tried both . . .

Thank you guys. I tried both. Using generic z wave repeater, I can't tell whether the repeater is working or not. Using the iris repeater driver, it seems like you could test communication with the hub but I am not sure what it means though. One of the range extender, I got a message saying FAILED DUE TO TIME OUT" when I click test communication while another range extender seems fine.