Aeotech Siren Driver Deprecated

Can anyone tell me why the Aeotech siren 6 driver is deprecated? and is this going to stop working at some future firmware update? I've been using this siren for multiple things including an alarm siren. I'd really hate to lose its capabilities.

[Aeotech Siren
(Aeotec Siren 6)
[Aeotec Siren 6 - Chime
(Aeotec Siren 6 Component Chime)
Aeotec Siren 6 Component Chime Deprecated
System

It was replaced with a new version.

No..

1 Like

If it was replaced with a new version how do I update it on mine?

If you're using built-in drivers, they're generally updated with the hub firmware. Have you upgraded the hub to version 2.2.5 yet?

edit: wait are you referring to changes made to aeotec drivers in the 2.2.4 update from a couple months ago?

I figured it out. Now I need to sort out some other issues.

The new version looks lovely in all respects... except one thing missing that I have been relying on, which is the number of repeats for the sound. I have the "chimes" sound going twice which is just long enough to wake me up and not so long it annoys the neighbors. If it only can play once through, it might not do the job. Any chance of adding repeats as a field along with volume, tone, and light effect?

2 Likes

And maybe at the same time fix the ongoing problem with the light effect selection not working.

And the Component Chime is also missing from the new driver. Wish Hubitat would bring back the deprecated driver as the "new" driver broke several of my apps.

Is there a way to force the light to stay on until an instruction turns it off? Ie to use the light as a light?