Aeotech door/window sensor gen 6

My aeotec door / window sensor gen 6 keeps giving me double events.. its been this way for a while and the update to 2.1.5 didn't fix it for me. I've tried different positionings moving the magnet etc every time I get the two quick events - sometimes the close rule which turns off a light or turns it on works other times the light will flip off real quick and then flip back on based on the rule.

log truncated for simplicity.. but this log was 1 open and 1 close

2019-09-27 07:17:24.021 am :Powder Room contact sensor was opened
2019-09-27 07:17:23.999 am :Powder Room contact sensor was opened
2019-09-27 07:16:39.502 am :Powder Room contact sensor was closed
2019-09-27 07:16:39.474 am :Powder Room contact sensor was closed

Hi @darby427. Switch the sensor's driver over to Basic Z-Wave tool and do a get parameter report for parameter 121. (report will appear in your logs) If it is currently 3 then it is sending two reports.

1 Like

very cool.. never knew that tool existed..

looks like its set to 1

ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:121, size:1, value:1

@darby427. That's too bad - it would have been an easy fix. What driver are you using for your sensor? i'm using the Aeon Recessed Door Sensor driver.

Use, the Contact Sensor Debounce app, until you can get it fixed.

thanks for the tips.. I will try the debounce for now. In the past I have tried the Recessed door driver with mixed results. more consistent than the generic zwave but it still produces double events half of the time.

I had the same double events issue with the Aeotec door / window sensor gen 5 and the Generic Z-wave driver. Changed to the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 driver. So far, so good.

Are you getting correct battery levels being reported using the Aeotec door / window sensor 5?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.