Aeotec Z-wave range extender 6 working

@aaiyar even though your repeaters show routers do you locks use it when running the packet analyzer? I find the traffic is much better with the repeaters in place, but my locks don't use them. They still talk to the hub directly, even thought all three of my repeaters have a router to the lock and the hub.

You are absolutely right, I actually thought that after I hit send hahahahaha. Do you find the Z-Wave plus a better protocol than Z wave?

2 Likes

I don’t have zwave locks, but i do have other FLiRS devices that the extenders repeat for.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

According to my zniffer, my locks use the repeaters. But plenty of other things do too. But they have a tendency to route through an obscure enerwave that was just plugged in just because and doesn't have anything plugged into it.

99 is the lock
102 is the repater
1 is the hub

I just started the z-wave repair. How long should I wait to test again? I have read up to 24 hours?

wait until the repair is done. Then go and physically lock and unlock your locks. FLiRS devices don't fully wake up unless you call for them. You should start seeign some logging after you spin it a few times. Then if you're seeing logging, then monitor for a day or so. You should notice improvement immediately if this helps. It will better itself as routes get more established. So there isn't a magic number, but don't move placement right away. That's where time is on your side.

1 Like

But .. will you post once the repair is done, etc so that we can know where things stand. I hate being left hanging.
:monkey:

1 Like

April, the repair completed and I saw in the log that it did repair the node. Locked and unlocked it manually three times and it appears to be working now. I will continue to monitor it

3 Likes

I will keep :crossed_fingers:
thanks for the update.

@steve14 you have more than one lock right? Make sure they are both responding.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.