Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor Gen 5 paired to C-7 but only reports battery

It appears I am unable to pair the Aeotec Recessed Door sensor Gen 5 correctly on the C-7. It pairs with S0 regardless of what I do - though I understand that is a fault of the 700 Series requirements.

The default driver that gets selected is the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor which is fine but it only reports battery of 100% and nothing else. This does work correctly on my main C-4.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Experiencing the same issue? I have 5 such sensors (4 currently on my main C-4) and really don't want to replace them if I don't have to.

I have a similar issue with the Aeotec door/window sensor's 6 and 7. half of them show open closed and the other half don't. I've tried to repair them and it doesn't help. Not sure its the same problem but it might be connected.

Okay I think I got it - was reading about issues with the Aeotec Recessed Door 7 and the recommendation there was to press and hold in the button to "wake it up". I did this and it started working. Note: had to play around and press and hold multiple times but finally got it to respond.

Will play around with it a little before considering this a resolved issue - still don't like the SO pairing though but am kinda stuck with it for now I guess.

@douglaspitman - is there some sort of button on the Window Sensors? Maybe pick a non working one and press and hold with it closed then maybe open, in the devices hit configure/save. Might have to play around with it or maybe it just wont work but might be worth a try.

Reporting back - this morning tested the recessed door sensor again. The "open" event fired when I opened the door but the "closed" event failed to register when I closed it.

:neutral_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.