Aeotec range extender issues

I've been messing around with a few Aeotec range extender 6s. I connected one near my Schlage front door lock and the lock started performing beautifully. I then put another near my Schlage side door lock and it too responded well. For the sake of tinkering added another next to my hub and tried moving them around to different locations, doing Z-Wave network repairs in between. Suddenly none of them work at all. They join the network & indicate green great health, but never blink as though they're repeating and the network performs like it did with no extenders. I tried excluding and re-adding them as well as numerous Z-Wave network repairs. I also performed the factory reset in the Aeotec manual. Somehow I confused these things or my Z-Wave network, what can I try to get them working again? BTW I'm using the generic Z-Wave repeater driver.

stop moving and repairing.
you should be using the generic z-wave repeater for a driver.
After you've placed the repeaters, leave them alone for at least 24 hours. You will notice a difference right away, but maybe not a complete turn around. Z-wave plus self heals, so after the repair, the healing is not done. After the repair, leave them alone. I could get on a soap box about the why's, etc. But, patience is a virtue in this case. Set it and forget it for a while.

2 Likes

When you do a z-wave repair, you break all of the routes to the hub and then they rebuild. The mesh has to reestablish it's routes. And the battery operated devices need to find a way to the hub again too. Including your locks. So, the best solution is to do nothing after the repair for a while and go use your smart home so that your routes rebuild.

2 Likes