Aeotec Range Extender 7 vs 6

Thanks!

Would you stick with the 6 for a C7 hub too? My Amazon dual pack of 7s is arriving today and my hopes are to strengthen a weak corner of the house. Not sure what I'll do with the other unit just yet.

I pulled mine out because they seemed to forget they are on a mesh after a while.. This may have been fixed in a firmware update, I had them when they first came out..

Aeotec released a 1.04 f/w update for the 7 in late Sept - AFAIK, it was just an SDK update.

I have 4 7s scattered around, but only one is regularly routing anything else thru it lately... Every now & then, I notice something routing thru one of the others, but not very consistently.

My house and lot are a relatively small overall foorprint, so most of my z-wave devices connect directly to hub. The 7s are really just extra insurance for me.

1 Like

Hmm. Not very confident that I'll boost the strength in that corner now. And it looks like the FW update for 1.03 didn't address much either. Might be better off returning this and going with the new Aeotec Gen 7 switch that should act as a repeater as well. Dual function for a tad less money.

Changelogs

• V1.03
    • Resolves issue with difficulty including into a series 300 Z-Wave controller/gateway.
    • Resolves Indicator CC command issues
      • Fixed LED state (always off) when indicator GET is received.
      • Fixed indicator Report value
  • V1.04
    • Updates SDK to V7.15 from V7.11

I have 4 - 7s scattered around and I have had the exact same experience. Every now and then I notice something routing thru one of them but not for very long and not very consistently. They are all on firmware version 1.3

Out of 45 z-wave devices, 39 are directly connected to the hub, so I am not going to complain.