Aeotec Range Extender 6 ZW117 Driver

@mike.maxwell Is there any thing that could be done driver related to have the users ability to test whether these are still working or not? For example like how the device details page of a switch shows on/off and when you click on the opposite of the device page status if the device page doesn't update you know it's not communicating?

The reason I ask is normally the light indicator on these devices randomly blinks when sending/receiving communications. However a couple times now on a few of the 4 I have noticed the light will no longer blink, and usually several days later I start noticing devices/rules slower response or no response at all. Clicking the refresh doesn't update anything on the device page, and will show you if its active only if you open the logs, when this issue arises usually shows nothing in the logs.

When these drop off the only way I've seen to resolve the issue is to exclude them and re-include them on my network and do another zwave repair, then they are blinking again and back to normal.

These do still pair as a "device" and the driver needs set to "generic zwave repeater". Here is the fingerprint for them.

ID: 3B

Manufacturer: 0086

Product Name:

Model Number:

deviceTypeId: 125

more...

nodeId : 3B

deviceId : 0075

manufacturer : 0086

deviceType : 0104

inClusters : 0x5E,0x26,0x33,0x70,0x85,0x59,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73,0x5A

outClusters :

3 Likes

I can think about this...

3 Likes

I use Shackrat's Iris Repeater driver with this range extender - it has refresh/poll/interrogate functions that somewhat lets me know the repeater is still working as intended.

1 Like

Thanks - I just noticed one of mine wasn't working. Unplugged/re-plugged it, and it is working again. I just ran a z-wave repair.

1 Like

The "two pack" I bought from amazon did pair as "device", but I then got a single later that paired as a "generic z-wave repeater." I'm assuming they must be running different firmware?

2 Likes

When you press the refresh button, do you see a new powerSource event under the device events? I am thinking of creating a small app that will notify me if I don't see that event in a day or so.

Now that I excluded and reincluded all of mine the are working as they are supposed to. So yes clicking refresh does create the powersource event, Not sure what happens when they weren't working,

I have 3 of these installed now and i swear my zwave develops more issues with each install. Thinking about taking them out. The first one wanted to be within 10 feet of the hub to give me a green ack. The others all want to be 10 to 12 feet apart or I get a red light.

The first one should actually be within 5 feet if possible for best results. You want the signal that all other repeating devices on your network repeat to be amplified through these devices first.

2 Likes

I was just checking out the product page for these and noticed this which had eluded me before.

Sure enough, in the manual it says:

3 Likes

I found this driver a while back that seems to report a bunch of useful stuff in the logs, like the firmware info, etc. It might be worth a try while we wait for something more official.

Just tested with mine and it's showing green. Mine is about 15 foot from my hub and works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.