Aeotec panic button driver/DH?

Hi,
I am seeing a nice amount of Aeolabs and Aeotec devices supported in Hubitat, but I cannot find any DH for Aeotec Panic button.
Am I missing something? I also tried to find a SmartThings DH that could be modified into a Hubitat version. No luck so far.
I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Here is the list of officially support button devices for Hubitat. Mike Maxwell (@mike.maxwell) has been adding them fairly regularly. You may want to ask him if one of the exiting drivers would work with it or not.

1 Like

Thank you for the info @ogiewon. I will check out the matrix and ask @mike.maxwell .

1 Like

We don't have a driver for this, and there's nothing we have that would work correctly.

Hmmm that’s a bummer.
SmartThings has the driver but it’s supported out of the box. I wish I could extract that driver/DHT.

Almost all ST Device Handlers are open source...

And you’re going to need these tips to port the code to Hubitat.

1 Like

Thank you @ogiewon, I will try that!

Blast...RL matters keep me from researching this converting this DH. It is more complicated due no the way Hubitat implements the buttons that are so different from SmartThings.
If somebody else has this DH converted or can do this quickly due experience with buttons...much appreciated!

Actually our button implementation is much simpler and more extensible than what st did. Have you read the thread on our button implementation?

After looking at the st driver, there's just one section that needs to be changed for our button implementation.
Basically in our implementation, the button number that was activated is used as the event value, the event names are different for each action, ie pushed, held, released and doubleTapped.
There is no messing around with the optional data map, its not used and therefore not populated.

Thanks to @ericm great help we have a great working driver for the Aeotec panic button and key fob!

I tested it and it works great!

1 Like

Has anybody got the Aeon Key Fob attached to Hubitat? I love that little sucker and would really like to have it on my keychain as a handy remote.

I tried using Eric's ported DH (above), but it won't read any button presses, and the log throws an error upon pinging:

dev:6092020-02-23 06:24:49.757 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_Aeon_Key_Fob_597.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

I get this log when hitting configure:

dev:6092020-02-23 06:24:44.650 pm debugSending configuration: [7004FA0101, 85010101]

Any ideas?

Been running the Aeotec Panic Button on Hubitat for close to a year without issues. Recognizes button push and button held. Battery reporting does not seem to work. Using erocm123's driver from 2018-11-20.
Only problem with these buttons is they eat batteries but that is not because of Hubitat, they had poor battery life on SmartThings too.

And, just so I'm clear, when you say "Aeotec Panic Button", is that the same as this so-called Key Fob from Aeotec?

The Aeotec Panic Button is a single button device. I replied making that assumption because the thread is about Aeotec panic button driver. Can't say that the driver will work with your device but as I remember from SmartThings that driver worked for all of them. And, the driver name is "Aeon Key Fob" so its a pretty good bet that is the driver you're looking for.

It may be that you have to convert the driver for Hubitat? There are instructions on the forum on how to do that.

Thanks for clarifying. What throws me off is that the DH groovy code pasted above is labeled “Aeon Key Fob”. In fact, both the original ST code and the ported Hubitat code is titled Aeon Key Fob. But it doesn’t work for me with the Key Fob.

Wondering if it does for anybody?

TL;DR
So in hubitat after I add the AoeTec Panic button device. Which device type works?
I don't see “Aeon Key Fob” in the drop down list.

Details:
Hi I just picked up and added one of the Aoetec "panic" buttons to my hubitat. To be clear this is the single large button version. The Z-Wave inclusion went ok after reseting the button. So after that I have a "button" device registered and in order for it to be useful as a button I need to select the correct device type which uses the driver being discussed in this thread. Which in the latest build doesn't appear to exist any longer. Has it been renamed or is there another driver from the list that works?

I hope that was clear enough for you all to help!

Thanks!

Further up in this thread there is a there is a link to the custom driver for the panic button. Also posted the link here. I've been using this driver for over a year and it works as it should. Just copy the code into a new custom driver and then change your button to use it.

Checking to see if anybody has gotten the Aeon Key Fob (not the panic button) to work in Hubitat?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.