AEOTEC Multi-Sensor 6 Active But Not Reporting

Hi,

I am new to Hubitat, and having received my hub connected my first sensor, an AEOTEC Multi-Sensor 6. Initially I tested with a USB powered connection and everything worked ok. I switched to battery this morning and placed the sensor in its permanent location (recessed ceiling mount). Since then Hubitat has reported the sensor as "Active", but the events log shows no events since before the transfer to battery (Around 12 hours ago). The device is around 30ft from the hubitat and the LEDs on the sensor are working.

My questions:
Is the "Active" Status reliable, i.e. is it live or just the last reported status?
Does the range decrease when the sensor is battery powered?
Is there anything I can do to update/trigger the events/force communication between the two units?

Grateful for any support on this matter.

I updated my driver for this, but I'm on USB rather than batteries. I found the batteries drained way too quickly. On USB its working very well, so I've left it that way.

Try the driver here? More options to set up.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Is there a guide to updating the driver. I am new to hubitat so haven't worked it out yet?

The sensor did communicate with the hub twice this morning and ran the intrusion alert I set up; I will have a look at connecting via the USB lead, but at the moment need to run a power supply to get close to the sensor.

Go to Advanced, Drivers code in the hub settings. Copy the code from the above link.
Select “New” in the Drivers Code, then paste the content in, and save.

Then go to the device in question, lower in the device settings there you will see Type*

Click the drop down, and scroll down to the bottom. Here you can select the driver you just created. Select that, then save.

Thanks for this. I am just completing an extension on my home, which will also involve moving my hubitat, so I'll change the driver then.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.