[Depreciated] Aeotec HEM (Gen 5) ZW095-A Driver

Mine is running fine on a C-7 with the driver available at;

So yours is broken now on your C7?

Thanks Shawn, I’ll check it out. I got an email from support today. They recommended some changes to my parameters so I’m going to try that first.

When I try and import this into my C7 I'm getting the following errors:

unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Zwave @ line 93, column 4. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Zwave @ line 97, column 4. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation @ line 210, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityCommandsSupportedReport @ line 222, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationReport @ line 226, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.associationv2.AssociationReport @ line 230, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.meterv3.MeterReport @ line 234, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelv3.MultiChannelCmdEncap @ line 281, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 333, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 432, column 17.

@bobbyD what's the current status of support with the stock driver for the Aeon HEM Gen 5 on the C7? Supported or Not supported?

It does not work with Make API now (most likely a driver issue), so yes it is broken.

but it looks like @shawn.foist got it paired with no security. Inconsistency in the intel is hard to keep up with.

Don't know if it matters but I did a hard reset on the HEM after removing from the C-5 and before including on the C-7. Everything during the process was unremarkable so I don't have any tricks to share.

That's my bad, looks like it's a SmartThings driver that I had to adjust. Going to PM you.

Hard reset how? Holding the button in for 10 seconds? I’ve done that already multiple times. Interestingly enough I moved one of my HEMs back to my C4 with the same driver as we are using here and I’m still having the same issue. I’ve replied to Aeotec and waiting on a response.

@shawn.foist how are you feeding the data to Google sheets? This is what I really would like to do so that I can track day over day usage. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Look for the App code from Chuck Schwer

Thanks. I'll check this out.

Hi All,

I'm currently developing a new driver for the Aeotec HEM Gen5 US variant. I've actually made some decent progress, but I've run into a few weird issues.

For reference, my device has firmware 1.35, recently purchased from Amazon.

The issues I'm seeing:

• My commands are never encapsulated in via CRC16 regardless of the parameter setting on the device
  • I don't get usage reports, with or without the selective reporting enabled. I'm not even getting the message sent to the hub.

Any insight will be appreciated. I'll release the driver code when I get it finished.

I think it has something to do with the way the series 700 or C7 Z-wave works as compared to the C4. The driver works on my C4 but not on my C7. I'm not a dev so I'm just guessing from observations.

I use @csteele AM6 driver, that I see he converted to C7 security. I tagged him in case he has some insight that could help you convert this one (if that is the issue)

I just installed this driver and after a bit of swearing, parameter changes and couple of include/exclude cycles managed to get it working well. I just use it for power tracking and ideally voltage and current. I was finding for a couple of hours of playing with it that it could get the power reading initially but was not continuously updating. Almost gave up and re-included on defunct ST hub.

The settings of note that work for me are:

• CRC-16 encapsulation: off
  • Selective reporting: off
  • Rpt Group 1: Watts HEM, Watts 1, Watts 2
  • Rpt Group 2: Voltage HEM, Voltage 1, Voltage 2
  • Rpt Group 3: Current HEM, Current 1, Current 2
  • Firmware v1.35

Strangely when I only selected one value in each Rpt Groups (HEM) it didn’t work. Only adding them all worked (I only have one clamp).

Anyway, it’s working now and pretty fast.

1 Like

Do you have a copy of that driver you can share? Not sure if it's public. I can read though it and see what he's doing.

Thanks. I had it very easy with the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 code because it was already funneling all ZWave traffic into a single place. I only had to change ONE method.

I changed this:

private command(hubitat.zwave.Command cmd) {
	if (state.sec) {
	    if (debugOutput) log.debug "Sending secure Z-wave command: ${cmd.toString()}"
	    return zwave.securityV1.securityMessageEncapsulation().encapsulate(cmd).format()
	} else {
	    if (debugOutput) log.debug "Sending Z-wave command: ${cmd.toString()}"
	    return cmd.format()
	}
}

To This:

private command(hubitat.zwave.Command cmd) {
	    if (debugOutput) log.debug "Sending Z-wave command: ${cmd.toString()}"
	    return zwaveSecureEncap(cmd.format())
}
1 Like

Thanks for the snippet. I'll try the zwaveSecureEncap() method and see what happens.

What is the latest with this driver? I see one other thread discussing drivers for the Gen 5 HEM (Aeon Home Energy Meter ZW095-A) that seemed to have a promising 22-Apr-2020 post from @codahq with a link to github code but that link is 404-ing for me. Is that still the most functional driver maybe accessible via a different link?

But then there is activity on this thread in the last few weeks that sounds really encouraging. Thanks for the efforts of everyone involved thus far. I do note though that on this thread @viertaxa is working on a driver for the US gen 5 device (obviously, since presumably he is in the USA and that is what he needs and probably also immediately benefits the highest number of other people) but does anyone know how much change that is likely to require to support the single phase UK version of the Gen 5 HEM?

I'm trying to work out what my best path forward is here, try to install one of the various drivers already mentioned in the various threads and have a stab at doing whatever changes are necessary to get it working on my HE C7 or wait a while for a better starting point to get posted presumably on this thread?

Would you mind pming the driver to me as well?