Aeotec Dual Nano Switch and Alexa

Really hit a wall with this. Finally got my aeotec dual nano switch up and running thanks to a custom code. However, Alexa doesn't recognise each individual switch and will turn on BOTH the switches as a result. The only way I can turn them on individually is through the hubitat dashboard. Any ideas?

If you are using a custom driver then you will probably need a little custom app to address the second switch.
Do they appear as separate in Rule Machine?

Can you make two virtual switches here? Then link those to Alexa.

1 Like

That's why I asked about Rule Machine
if it can see it then you could tie the switches to virtuals

There is a "hubitat duel relay driver" on the community somewhere you also install the child drivers and it creates the parent and 2 child relays. That's what I use. It says by hubitat but not sure why it's not part of the firmware? @mike.maxwell is it your driver?

Nope, I don't publish community code, it all makes it's way to the hub at some point.

1 Like

Isn't 'basic z-wave tool" yours :smile:.

Any chance of a official z-wave dual relay driver then please?

Yes, what I meant was that Hubitat doesn't publish complete code samples in the forum, nor under any Hubitat employee github or other non Hubitat owned repos...

I have a fibaro sitting in the lab that just pisses me off, we also have the quibino line in progress, no eta on these yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the assistance guys . Been super busy atm but when I get the chance, will look at some of the good ideas you guys have provided me with.

You don't happen to have an Aeotec Dual Nano switch with power monitoring sitting in your lab as well just about to get an official driver? :wink:

2 Likes

no i don't, and honestly current production devices are always going to get looked at first...
whoops, thought you were talking about the dual micro, not the nano, but I don't have a nano either.
anyway, I already have far too many current production devices to deal with.

The community request for device compatibility/support line is closed for the time being...

@mike.maxwell if you had a Aeotec Dual Nano switch sitting around, might that help the code make it to the hub? I would be GLAD to send you one to work with if that would help.