Aeotec Doorbell Gen 5 (ZW0056) functionality with Hubitat C-7

That is pretty easy stuff, "Create New Rule", type in a name then "enter" key, click on "Select Trigger Events" then under "Select capability for new Trigger Event" select the type of sensor, you will then get another box, eg. of you select Contact (the type used for doors) it will now say "Contact sensors" Temperature would result in "Temperature sensors", click on it and select any sensors on the list then click update box and set the parameter, eg Temperature < 32 or Front Door Sensor Open (Open, Closed and Changed are the options for a Contact sensor.

I set my level in the software. It is one easy command. Besides I any want to change the levels later on. I just optimize the levels just like I did when I was sound engineer. You then fix it in the mix.

You can specify the "Speak" track numbers for each doorbell track that gets played (and keep them from changing when making additions), but you need to copy all tracks from a specific folder view on the PC (in a single operation) to an empty doorbell every time.

First save your existing tracks from the doorbell to a folder on your PC so you don't have to start over, and rename them so they will sort correctly in the name/ascending view. Then recopy them to an empty doorbell (otherwise as you've observed, just adding a track to the doorbell causes it to renumber them internally).

To make things easy, I name each track in the PC folder so it starts with a two digit number prefix (like "01 silence" , "02 chime XYZ" etc.). Then the '01 track will be the one that always plays when doorbell powers on (if they get copied over in the same order). Good idea to take a screenshot of the PC's folder contents for future reference.

Use these steps to copy them in the PC folder view order:
-Left click on the first track in the PC source folder
- hit CTRL-A so all track files are selected; then Copy
- Right click on the doorbell's empty folder and select Paste

When making changes or additions, to keep the doorbell from renumbering them internally you always need to recopy all the files 'en masse' from the PC to an empty doorbell.

1 Like

Yeah, apparently. I am OK for now. I will do that if I add more sounds. It has a LOT more memory the the Zooz ZSE19 and you apparently need to use special software to load sounds on it. I like being able to make my own sounds unlike their inferior Doorbell 6. Hoard these of you can ever find them. I had to go to eBay to get one.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.