[RESOLVED]Aeotec Doorbell 6 After 2.1.7.118 Update

I didn't want to roll back if I don't have to as it will screw up my Thermostat Scheduler...as noted by Bruce. But it was working before upgrading to 2.1.7. I can see both switch and button events in the list for before upgrading to 2.1.7

If rolling back is the only way to tell, I can. But if somebody with a dev hub and a doorbell could, I would appreciate it. Not as easy for us "one-hubbers" to do that kinda stuff.

understood, I have one of these, but the remote button has never worked.

DOH! Well, if the only thing that will be affected by rolling back to 2.1.7 is that I won't be able to control my thermostat scheduler app, then I can try rolling back. I don't have to restore an old backup too, do I? Cause I'm not sure that I have one old enough.

no, no need to restore the database

Okay. I can do it later this afternoon.

Could this be related to the change to z-wave.

1 Like

don't know, that's why I'm hoping to get confirmation that the issue is specific and was introduced in 2.1.7

Just had a friend with this doorbell try it (I don't have one) on the latest firmware, and he said the same thing: doorbell button doesn't do anything, but all aspects of the siren portion seem to be fine.

@bertabcd1234 had me try mine and as he said it is experiencing the same issues. If I use the device page and press button one, the doorbell still chimes even though nothing is in the log. However the chime is contorted sounding and sometimes will sound 4 or 5 times in about 15 seconds. If I press the physical button, everything is normal except there is no record of it being pressed in Hubitat.

Mike,

In the latest version (2.1.7.121) no chime playing events were showing up in the system logs. I rolled my Hubitat back to 2.1.6.117, played the chime, and it shows in the log:

dev:2602019-12-06 01:10:06.666 pm infoSiren 1 - Chime (Aeotec) stopped
dev:2602019-12-06 01:10:01.781 pm infoSiren 1 - Chime (Aeotec) playing '1. Ding Dong'

I have the Aeotec Siren, not the doorbell version. Therefore I do not have the button to test. I used the Beep from the Chime child device page of Hubitat.

I can confirm, rolling back to 2.1.6.118 shows the events for the button being pressed. So, it is definitely something in 2.1.7 which makes the doorbell not work anymore.

Alright, thanks for that we'll dig into it.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike.

1 Like

Any update on this yet @mike.maxwell?

1 Like

Fix is being tested.

4 Likes

Is this resolved in the latest firmware?

yes

So I am having a similar issue with the doorbell currently. Recent migration from ST, and migrated this over about a week ago. As I have been trying to get my smart home back on its feet I noticed today that the doorbell isn't logging for me either.

I have a Webcore piston which monitors when a doorbell button is pressed and notifies me what door, and what time the button was pressed. I noticed the piston has never been ran, so this leads me to believe it has not worked since I set it up. I have setup logging as well, and upon pressing the button it does not log.

My hub firmware is 2.2.3.148. I'm happy to test things as necessary, but am still fairly new to Hubitat in general, so might need some help along the way. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hi @jakokln

This is an old thread, which was fixed sometime last year.

However, looks like few Doorbell 6 users (including me) are experiencing the same issue as yours. The button is not generating any events. Here is the link to the new thread:

A recent post from bobbyD mentions the next update will have many bug fixes for existing drivers. So hopefully that will fix the issue.

1 Like

I was hoping that 2.2.4 (released yesterday) was resolving this issue. Unfortunately the issue is still there. No events after button pressed.

This is a big dissapointment for me for a device that is on the compatibility list. It makes it it completely useless in an home automation situation and not smart at all. Now it is just like an expensive normal doorbell.

@opdoffer apparently you need to go to your parent device for the doorbell, and change the driver to Aeotec Siren 6 New, click Configure, and it should remove the child devices and put everything into the one device. I haven't had time to check yet, but plan to later when home.

1 Like