Aeon Siren Refresh

I have the Aeon Siren and its plugged in and working, but it doesnt ever talk to HE so it appears as INACTIVE in the device list. Also it doesnt respond to Refresh. The only way I can see to verify the device is alive and talking, without actually sounding the siren, is to run a z-wave repair, where it behaves perfectly responding to ping and updating its tables etc.

Could the Aeon Siren driver be modified to include a working refresh function so we can use watchdogs etc to verify its alive? I would hate to have an emergency event requiring the siren to be missed due to the siren being down, and not know about it in advance. Could be a life or death issue.

I wrote an "advanced" handler for the Aeon siren a while ago that has self polling built into it...

1 Like

Outstanding thank you! it will be so nice to have this not show up as INACTIVE in the device list any more.

Any reason it can't have a Refresh button?

Im getting some errors in the log

dev:2422019-01-26 14:32:25.889 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.startsWith() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [delay] (shortBeep)

dev:2422019-01-26 14:36:08.986 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.startsWith() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [delay] (speak)

To avoid duplicate events the refresh button only creates an event if the alarm or switch state changes so the refresh command usually doesn't result in any events being created and Hubitat still thinks it's inactive.

My handler creates a lastActivity event every time the driver receives a message from the device. (It limits it to one event per minute...)

Are those errors happening randomly or only when you try to execute certain commands?

@krlaframboise This was a very helpful reminder, Kevin. Long ago, I had installed your advanced handler but neglected to tell the device to use it instead of the stock HE handler. Thanks.