Aeon Micro switch - In RM "physical *changed*" trigger

I have a simple rule that turns on some ancillary lights if a certain aeon micro switch is turned on and off if off...

If I use the "physical changed" trigger it does not work. If I use the specific "physical on" and "physical off" triggers then it works. Is this by design?

I prefer to be more explicit when defining triggers anyway but thought I'd pass this along. I also tried changing the device to "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" and got the same behavior.

rmphys1

Go to the Events page for the device itself and make sure that the driver is making a distinction between the two.
The distinction between the two event types have to be made at the driver level. So, what driver are you using for this device?

Yeah it appears to be - but let me go check just to be certain.. Yep they are there..

I turned them on and off at the switch and then on the device page..

Change your trigger to Physical On or Physical Off. I had a problem when using physical with Changes. I seem to remember that this doesn't work but doing the on or off does.

Yep that's what I ended up doing. It's probably better to be more explicit anyhow.. I was just wondering if it was a bug or not but since the work-around is easy not too worried about it.

As always - thanks for responding!!

1 Like

Yeah...I seem to remember reporting this bug a few versions ago. Guess nothing was done to address it yet.
@bravenel, It appears that "changes" doesn't work with Physical switch changes in RM. You have to use Physical on or Physical off instead, which does work. Don't know if this is a "fixable" thing but alternatively if it's possible to remove the "Changed" option from physical switch, that would be a help at least.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Thank you sir.

I just tried to create a rule in RM with a physical switch change trigger very similar to the OP's and it is not working. Has this but not been fixed more than a year later? The Log is definitely capturing it as a physical switch change, but it's still not triggering.

Picture1

Look at the Events from the device page, and show your rule. Post a screenshot of the events. Also, turn on logging for the rule and show that as well.

Logging for the rule was on in my original screenshot (i.e., the rule didn't trigger).

Here is the rule:

Event log with "changed" was attached in my original post.

Here is the event log when the rule has 2 triggers (1 for on and 1 for off) (it worked):

Here is the event log from the device page:

Thanks, I will look into it.

Thanks. Not sure it matters, but the switch is a RadioRa2 switch connected via the built-in Lutron Integrator App.

Could you show the portion of the App Status page for that rule where the Event Subscriptions are.

Never mind. I can see the bug.

There is no switched.changed event! This will get fixed.

In the meantime, as a workaround split it into two rules, one triggered by physical on and the other triggered by physical off. Then your IF-THEN part goes in one, and the ELSE part goes in the other.

I accomplished it by just including 2 triggers (1 for physical on and 1 for physical off). Thanks for the quick response though,

Thanks for bringing my attention to it.