Aeon Home Energy Meter ZW095-A

He had not made any changes to yours yet. I sent it to him, at the same time, he sent it to me. I get the same error with either driver, so I has to be something that changed in the firmware update (just my luck). I posted what he sent back to me, just for your review. Thank you for taking the time to do so, and updating yours. It does not give the Encap errors anymore.

If I use the "other" driver, selecting Voltage or Power works fine, but when I pick Energy, Current (or 1 -2) it gives the white screen/error below.

When using your updated driver, I can pick anything but current 1-2 and it is fine. However when I pick just "current" the rule 'semi crashes'. It gives me this screen with no comparison options, so all I can do is cancel out

This error does not show up in the driver log just in the rule log

Please show a screenshot of the Aeon Device Details page. I am curious if all of the attributes have been updated or not.

I meant to do a full removal this morning and forgot. I just removed the device from HE, and then shutdown the hub (trying to start "clean"). Unplugged both devices and let them sit for 5 minutes. Booted up and added the device back into HE. That seemed to help a lot.

I can now select any compatibility without RM going white. The white screen/rule error is gone.

Current is populating but Current 1 - 2 are not. I get the (?) when selected in RM. I also get an "unknown" at 0.000. These screen shots are all taken with the drier on. The 3.334 current should be mostly coming from clamp 1. Clamp 2 is the water heater and does not pull much (no one using water right now either).

@codahq @ogiewon With this progress I can use the device, so an immense Thank You! Sorry for my ignorance along the way.

We are trying to move the drier upstairs, and my wants notifications before I get the green light. With "Current" now usable, I can make it work. It would be nice to have the clamps separated, but not a deal breaker. Without good logging (I know it is possible with additional setup) it really is unnecessary.

:hugs:

Here is the shot requested and the current logs.

Glad things are starting to look better on your system. Here is one of my two laundry RM4 Rules I use for notifications. It may help you avoid duplicate/false notifications. It's been very reliable for our house.

2 Likes

Thankfully our drier is basic and comes on then goes off. HA gods willing that should be the easy part.

However I did notice your using "Power" not "Current". Another thing to point out I guess is that "Power" does not change on my unit. You can see in the shot above Power is 0.00, while Current is 3.334. Observation, not a complaint.

The example is still greatly appreciated. I stink at rules, and have started keeping a folder of ones I see that could be helpful to have. This one will go in there! PB's are new to me, but I can see how they can be used to avoid multiple notices/actions (had similar issue with another rule, I am fixing now)

1 Like

You can setup 1 reporting group to do all of the current values.

And then use the other groups to do other things if you want (and they also support multiple values). The problem you'll run into is that if you select multiple values Hubitat does not load them back so every time you save the page you have to reselect them or they are lost.

Also, for some reason your HEM is sending current values as scale2 values it appears. You won't know what that means (I don't even know what that means) but I would like you to put something in your code to debug what your firmware version is doing. I'll PM it to you.

2 Likes

@codahq

Just a quick thank you for your work on this driver!

2 Likes

Is this driver available? Github replies with a 404, thanks!

@lou.ronnau check out what I just posted here

Thanks @TechMedX this is working for me :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.