'Aeon HEM V1 Laundry Driver' is NOW working on Hubitat

Even using both clamps?

Correct. Each clamp can only have one wire in it.

Okay. Not going to screw with my 220v. No monitor on the dryer then.

1 Like

No access to your electrical panel? That's where I have mine installed. I'm monitoring the washer with one clamp and the dryer with the other. They are both 240V (supply voltages average 20 volts higher here than in the US). Dryer consumes so much during use and drops to zero when stoped, it's monitoring is flawless.

My washer on the other hand is a PIA to monitor because if fluctuates so near the same current draw when its turning the drum as low speed vs idle. Never drops to zero. I tried moving the camp to the outlet and discovered it made no difference in the accuracy, so I moved it back to the panel.

I'm not going into my electrical panel. That was kinda the whole point of not having to screw with the wiring. But no, there is no easy way for me to get this into my electrical panel anyway. it's too tight. I could get it around the supply lines, as it's designed to be, but there's not enough room to get it around an individual line coming out of a breaker.

I completely understand and commend your respect for electricity.

Here is my latest project that has to do with power monitoring for the house! I have a current transformer around every circuit in the panel so I know exectly how much power is being used, and where.

1 Like

For sure, if you're not comfortable, hire a pro. Shouldn't cost too much as it's a simple job.

Nah, I'm good with not having notifications for my dryer if it's going to cost that much. Do you know how much electricians get per hour?!?

Can’t say I do. Have not hired one since I bought my house 18 years ago.

Too much.

@ogiewon / @mike.maxwell Just started getting this error with the HEM driver today.

dev:13152019-06-11 09:18:29.183 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 60 (parse)

I'm running hub platform v 2.1.1.114 - Do you have the same issue?

i really need to see what the raw description is for this (prior to being parsed to a zwave command)
add the following as the first line in the parse(String description) method
log.trace "description:${description}"
this will generate tons of logging, but it's going to be the only way to track it down.
What I need is that log trace output when the NullPointerException is thrown...

1 Like

dev:13152019-06-11 12:01:30.259 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 60 (parse)

dev:13152019-06-11 12:01:30.212 pm traceParse received zw device: 09, command: 600D, payload: 02 00 32 02 21 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 CA 28 , isMulticast:

How/where are you adding the log.trace command?

Was already in the code, just had to uncomment it.

Isn't the HEM device a built-in driver?

OK it is in the Laundry Driver

1 Like

Correct.

did the end of this message not get copied?, or was there no data for the isMulticast attribute...

Oops! Thanks. It's FALSE.

dev:13152019-06-11 12:01:30.259 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 60 (parse)

dev:13152019-06-11 12:01:30.212 pm traceParse received zw device: 09, command: 600D, payload: 02 00 32 02 21 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 CA 28 , isMulticast: false

1 Like

@SmartHomePrimer - I am still using this driver with my Aeon HEM v1 to monitor laundry. It has been very reliable for me. I am still running 2.1.0, as I tend to wait a few days before upgrading my production hubs to new firmware.