Advice Needed For Newbie

Good evening folks,

I need some help. I'm relatively new to Hubitat. I'm a Smartthings user that is in the process of switching because of all the ST related issues recently.

I normally use WebCore but that defeats the object of running Hubitat locally (I think????).

I need to set a rule to turn on my workshop light. I want to use 2 triggers. The door or the motion sensor (if the door is ajar then the contact sensor won't trigger).

I also want the light to remain on for as long as I'm in there - meaning motion, as long as there is motion keep the light on.

I've tried setting two rules in the simple rule app, but they seem to be conflicting and the light never goes, even after 2 or 3 hours.

What do I need to do in Rule Machine? I can see how to set triggers, but I can't figure out how to set the light to go off after a set period of time if there is no motion.

Does anyone have any sample rules for this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Use the built in motion lighting app. It will let you use a motion sensor and a contact as the trigger.
The options in the app are pretty straightforward.

3 Likes

everything runs locally including webcore if you want to use it or transfer your rules..

1 Like

webCore runs local on Hubitat, so if you want to use it, no real reason not to, but if you want to learn how to use the Simple Rule app post a screen shot of what you have and someone here will most likely jump in....

1 Like