Advice needed about accounts

I want to change my password but before doing that I need to understand whether the following logins, that I have seen listed in my Chrome password manager, are all meant to be the same account underneath:

app.hubitat.com
cloud.hubitat.com
my.hubitat.com
portal.hubitat.com
http://community.hubitat.com

Then - oddly - https://hubitat.auth.us-east-2.amazoncognito.com/signup was sharing the same password. No way would I have done that deliberately as it's not a hubitat.com address. Presumably something to do with the Alexa skill that I have disabled some time ago. And it won't let me log in to delete the account.

I recommend reaching out to @bobbyD for clarification on your Hubitat account password. He’ll know best what the ramifications are of changing it.

1 Like

Fortunately I never set up hub-specific security or that would be another layer to unravel :smiley:

1 Like

That would be a different password local to the hub only.

1 Like

Yeah. Do you happen to know if the others I listed are the same account underlying them?

I'm not sure if app is valid (does nothing for me) cloud, my and portal should be the same but community is different. I'm sure @bobbyd will correct me if I'm wrong.

I am not so sure community.hubitat is different - I can't find any way to change my password on my account here.

1 Like

Ah! Found it!

How do I change the password for my account?
Log into my.hubitat.com 3 with your current admin account and select the Change account password tile, then follow the on screen instructions to reset the password. This is the password for the account used to log into the Mobile Apps, community and my.hubitat.com 2. If you are looking to change the password for the hub login (Hub Login Security), see the following community post to learn how to manage the secure login option: I locked myself out of the web interface 1

1 Like

Argh!!! That's also automatically updated the amazoncognito.com password as well! What is that even @bobbyD?

Just a guess on my part - since Hubitat’s cloud server is hosted on Amazon’s AWS cloud infrastructure, it might just be as simple as multiple names pointing to the same AWS platform.

2 Likes

All cloud services use the same account. Changing the password on my.hubitat.com will update all. Local hub security is different.

1 Like

That is the account manager platform used for all cloud account services.

1 Like

Ah ok I can relax about it then. Could I suggest that the documentation is updated to mention the possibility of spotting this site in the passwork manager, as I was panicking about some other service getting hold of my hubitat password.

1 Like