Advanced mode for sending commands to device

The programming is done through the HE hub, not via the device usb port.

Just to make sure doing it right and won't mess anything up. Is this correct?

EDIT: So I just tried it that way, but no go. Is there any sort of confirmation or feedback should be seeing when I click the "Set Parameter" ? And do I click save after each time or should I just put the info in, click "Set Parameter" and rinse and repeat?

Open a separate tab with the logs open. When you click the set parameter button the command is sent to the device, after which a report for that parameter is requested and the output is displayed in the logs.
You can also request a report manually by entering the parameter number in the getParameterReport field.
If you click getReportParameter with no value in the box, all existing parameter values will return in the live logs.

So something is wrong or I am doing it wrong. I have the logs page open and clicking the "Get Parameter Report" blank or with a value in it does nothing in the logs, and same for the "Set Parameter"

The only button that does anything in logs when clicked is the "Get Command Class Report"

is it paired securely currently? (in the data section: zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true) ?

Sorry where is this data section. Got this?

and this

At the bottom of the driver details.

So I suppose no it's not paired securely? I can still control it though :confused:

It's fine that it's not paired securely, that's what I was hoping honestly.

I'm at a loss as to why it isn't responding to the getParmeterReport (with no value in the number field), and yet its producing a getCommandClassReport just fine...

There any other options? Should just open a support ticket?

There's not much support can do, it would just route to me anyway. I don't have one of these devices, so I can't have a look at what's going on with the config commands being sent, it's as if they are being ignored.
Maybe other members have some expierence with this device?

Ah fair enough. It's Australian Z-Wave as well if that makes a difference

That doesn't matter fortunatly.

Would it be worth it just deleting the DH and re adding the device?

Soooo had some developments, no idea why but was just randomly clicking and now clicking the "Set Parameter" button gives this off in the logs

However I put in the parameters I want to set and still no go :frowning: What I am putting in is:
NUMBER: 37
NUMBER:4
NUMBER: 16843008‬

I get those warn errors even if I have data in the first 2 inputs but then when I put the final value in for 3rd one then nothing.

@coops8d, correct me if I'm wrong but the value you have for the last number wont be accepted by the Aeotec device. you have 16843008. As per below link the first two digits can only be from 01-10, the second two I think can only be 01-04, third two 01-10 and the last two 01 or 02.

Did I read this wrong?

Could be wrong? But I am going off this pages instructions Disable Alarm Sound in the Garage Door Controller : Aeotec by Aeon Labs

From this part

"I would suggest setting this value to parameters 37 - 40 [4 byte]:
0x01010100 hexidecimal or ‭16843008‬ decimal"

Click getParameterReport (with no value), let's see what values are already set.

Yeah that is one that still does nothing

Interesting, well if that report doesn't work, then the set parameters worn't work either.
I'm at a loss on this one.